What's new

So, I guess Disney is dropping the wonderful commentaries on their animated classics (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Looks that way, if the Digital Bits info is complete. Director/cast/technician commentaries seemed to have been dropped on recent titles. This is a shame. The exception was the Walt Disney track used for BAMBI - outstanding. But CINDERLLA didn't have one; SLEEPING BEAUTY didn't have one; and none is cited for the upcoming LADY AND THE TRAMP. I shall miss these. Highly informative.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
You're confused. The Sleeping Beauty has an excellent commentary track from Mary Costa, the voice of Sleeping Beauty, and other makers of this film.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
^co-sign^

I couldn't believe when Cindereslla showed up without, after the wonderful Bambi "read through"

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I noticed the same thing on Cinderella. With so much in their archives, I was disappointed that Disney didn't put something together - either culled from archival materials or a new track by a film historian, or a mix of both.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Yeah. Brain-dead is probably more accurate. I think I meant to type in ALADDIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks