So, I guess Disney is dropping the wonderful commentaries on their animated classics

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Looks that way, if the Digital Bits info is complete. Director/cast/technician commentaries seemed to have been dropped on recent titles. This is a shame. The exception was the Walt Disney track used for BAMBI - outstanding. But CINDERLLA didn't have one; SLEEPING BEAUTY didn't have one; and none is cited for the upcoming LADY AND THE TRAMP. I shall miss these. Highly informative.

2. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

You're confused. The Sleeping Beauty has an excellent commentary track from Mary Costa, the voice of Sleeping Beauty, and other makers of this film.

3. CameronMcC

CameronMcC Second Unit

^co-sign^

I couldn't believe when Cindereslla showed up without, after the wonderful Bambi "read through"

4. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I noticed the same thing on Cinderella. With so much in their archives, I was disappointed that Disney didn't put something together - either culled from archival materials or a new track by a film historian, or a mix of both.

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick

Yeah. Brain-dead is probably more accurate. I think I meant to type in ALADDIN.

6. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Which has not one, but two audio commentaries. [​IMG]