What's new

Snell Acoustics Qbx series (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Any impressions? Anyone have them or listened to them? My dealer will let me take a pair of 20s and/or 15s home to demo for 2-3 days. I know I should be the judge but just wondering what others might have to say.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
As far as I've been able to determine, the 20s are 800$/US pair and the 15s are 550$/US pair (retail). Ideally, I'd like identical front and rears along with a matching centre. I know this isn't necessary for movies but after doing a fair bit of listening, I consider it highly desirable (within budgetary reason) for multi-channel music.

They are hand crafted with real wood veneer and made in the US. They design and make their own crossover circuitry, though they do use OEM drivers. Anyway, I saw them at the dealer last night when I picked up my Arcam and the fit and finish were quite nice. They were not hooked up, however, so I didn't hear them. Will post my impressions when I can.

P.S. Scott, thanks for the link re: subwoofer crossover and speaker size in my other thread. I've pretty much eliminated towers from the equation, however, so sending bass to the mains might not be optimal.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
i know. i thought about that when i was posting my update, and how my tower vs. bookshelf opinion might have changed, now. i've sorta come full-circle, i guess. my experience is still pertinent, whether bookshelf or floorstanders, though. and i don't think you should bias yourself either way, toward towers OR bookshelves, unless it's for cosmetic/utilitarian reasons. otherwise, get what sounds best TO YOU. i do understand how you might be leaning bookshelf, since you state you think you want 4 identical speakers. but what about the snell Qbx towers? Hehe!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks