What's new

Smallville season 6 (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Lana is clearly alive. She blatantly faked her death. The only real question is who else is in on it - Chloe and Lionel are the only obvious choices, and both of them are a bit out of commission.

They're definitely gonna need to clarify what exactly happened with Chloe and Lois. Is Chloe now dead? It wasn't too clear.

The Clark/Bizarro fight was awesome. I also loved how The Martian Manhunter and Lionel were working together. MM's involvement/backstory was done well, IMO.

Overall, Season 6 improved upon the last two, and is probably the strongest season for the show since Season 3.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I want to amend my comments from earlier. At the time I watched the show, I was suffering from a pretty bad headache I think was due to my trying to stop drinking so many Cokes, and it colored my enjoyment of the episode. Looking back on it now, it was pretty good and I don't have any issues with it. It was certainly better than last year's finale, which I didn't like at all. One thing I still don't like is that they called Phantom Clark "Bizarro." I think that was pretty close to the current, reworked Bizarro, but it's nothing like the real Bizarro. I guess it'd be silly to have a FrankenSuperman talking in broken, backwards talk, but that was the fun of the character and it's one of the downsides of live-action TV that those kinds of characters have to be mutilated beyond recognition to be acceptable. The Animated Series got him right. I did like when his skin changed at the end.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Loved it. A big part of what I loved was how it showcased the strength of the season, which was finally having an arc that tied into the central themes of the show. We'd spent all season building towards these events, unlike the usual status quo of one or two episodes build-up.

Was anyone else reminded of the X2 finale with Cyclops during Clark's fight with Bizarro? Looking forward to next season.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it's good but i just think of all the time they wasted in between season finales. wtf are they doing? giving us more boring filler/soapy dramas? c'kmon why not shake things up like heroes and do these great scenes in the middle of the seasons and raise the stakes? anyway, next year is the last year. we'll have more ofthe same ole boring filler eps in between finales and premieres.

plus these special events, as good as they are, come far and few in between. i mean the best scenes just last for seconds at a time just like zod and last year's finale. then it's resolved in the first few seconds. so next season 7's premiere will resolve thisin the first 10min. then, 'oh wait we're back to normal boring smallville mode. there's NO WAY this is good like Heroes, which has a lot of movers and shakers episodes. ironic that writers of smallville are working on heroes :laugh: i say it's no competition, heroes is the better superhero show.

since s7 is the final season they have a chance to redeem themselves.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

What, you mean the 'Oh Lana' 'Oh Clark' -doey eyes back and forth - 'Do you know I know?' 'I can't tell you' Do I know you know?' 'I can't tell you' Insert DRamatic Soap opera music here... doesn't do it for you? :)

I have yet to see this episode. Maybe I'll save it for next week when I'm waiting in line for a mini concert event. But if Clark knows or 'sees' Lana die, maybe they'll push things into the training and get the other phantoms...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
One TERRIFIC season finale!
Way..way..way better than last years.

I slowed down the footage of Lana getting into the car.
And you see Lana looking back and opening the car door just as the white delivery truck passes by.

Someone mentioned may Oliver & Co. helping orchestrate her fake death.
Maybe Flash speed grabbed her?

I'm not too sure Lionel helped in faking her death.
And I'm pretty sure Lex didn't do it.

So maybe that means Chloe's really dead?

UGH!...now the big long waiting game.

Also, don't rule out Season 7 being the last.
Producers have said that Season 8 is still in the air.
But they did confirm that Season 8 would be the FINAL season, if it's done

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Something I read at Kryptonsite seemed to suggest that this was it for the Phantom storyline. If so, they developed a storyline and just changed their minds about it. Reminds me of Nikki and Paulo from Lost, who were supposed to have a much bigger role, and--a more obscure reference--the game Prey, where you are told, "You must complete seven trials before you are ready." And then, the game company ran out of time, so no seven trials were to be found. I don't think even Kryptonsite knows what's going on for next year, so maybe it will be all about the training.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm just thinking here, actually stretching here.

What if Chloe is the one to leave the show.
Chloe's power wasn't technically healing, but more of a resurrection/lifeforce
where a part of chloe goes into Lois, thus lois's reasoning for pursuing reporting so heavily and passionately and falling in love with Clark?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The more I think about it the more i'm convinced that Lana is alive and i'm fairly confident that Chloe is, too, I think the whole dying thing was Gough & Milar messing with our heads.

It's worked in the past, I remember being fooled into thinking Chloe died at the end of season 3, I guess i'm just gullible. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There was some talk about that at Kryptonsite as well. They seem to be backtracking from their death rumor, saying that the powers that be never confirmed it when asked if someone dies. Also, they say that the finale was actually reworked in some fashion after all of the information leaked. Take that as you will.

I still say, whether she lives or dies, Chloe has got the lamest power ever. I hope the tear thing was symbolic, and she can heal people in other ways as well. But, that was just kind of bad.

I don't agree that this season was not above average. I think it's been the best season since at least season three. Five started out strong and then really fizzled. This one, with the exception of a couple of clunkers, has been pretty strong.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
One thing that no one has brought up yet is Martha, did she move out? The way she was speaking last night it seemed like she was leaving the farm for good.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i don't think smallville ever had a strong season as a whole from beginning through the end. it's always one or two eps that make it rise above mediocrity a little bit before retreading back to th lower depths.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Oooh, I LOVED this episode.

Whoever plays the Martian Manhunter is one cool looking dude. Especially if that's his real voice and it's not dubbed over. It sounds familiar for some reason...

Now, the whole Chloe thing. I think that this is just another fake out on both sides. No TV show is willing to take that risk these days, heh. Could the Martian Manhunter have a role in Lana's 'death' as well? I seem to remember him being able to survive just about anything, including fire..

Now that the whole doe eyed stuff is presumably over, I REALLY hope they up the action an tee and character development stuff.. If this is what a Superman SERIES could look like, it makes the movie all the less exciting :).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Sorry, don't agree. I like the show a lot more than you seem to. Not trying to sound harsh with that, but I don't know how else to say it.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

If Chloe is gone, I hope this is true. She blended with Lois, and makes the Lois we know. With the minor change that Lois was more interested in Superman than Clark. Whereas Chloe has always been interested in Clark, long before she learned of any powers.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
In the episode a few weeks back when Clark was in that alternate reality and in an insane asylum, there was a quick scene where we saw that Martian Manhunter was afraid of fire if I recall correctly.

And the actor playing MM is Phil Morris, he played 'Jackie Chiles', a popular character on Seinfeld for a few seasons.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'd rather Lois come to love Clark naturally, instead of because of Chloe's tears of love. One of the mainstays of the comics is that she loves Superman and tolerates Clark. I doubt if we'll ever get to that point with these characters, but I'd like to imagine that's how it plays out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
When's the last time that was true, though? They've been married about ten years, and both Lois & Clark and the animated series, IIRC, had Lois attracted to and respecting Clark.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks