What's new

Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The Arena and The Big Bird Cage are the lobby posters on Big Bad Mama/Big Bad Mama II double feature.

They also list Eat My Dust an Grand Theft Auto as a double feature in the booklet

Originally Posted by SWFF
I learned via AV Maniacs, for all you lovers of those Women In Prison flicks, Shout will be releasing THE BIG DOLL HOUSE and THE BIG BIRD CAGE. They have been added to the opening post's schedule.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey3rd

They also list Eat My Dust an Grand Theft Auto as a double feature in the booklet
Thanks for that notification. I altered the opening post to reflect this new info.

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
Cliff,

My interest in Shout products is different that what has been covered in these pages; specifically, it's the concerts you folks release from T. J. Lubinsky. I originally purchased the 2 disc 2005 Doo Wop recorded at the Sands in Atlantic City, only to learn a 3 disc version existed, which I later ordered. Now for my question: where or even can a complete listing be found for these musical presentations?

Bob Engleman

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
Cliff,

I'm really looking forward to getting the SciFi Classics trible bill. Are there anymore early Corman directed features in the works, and have you had any luck with Susan Hart?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
just saw that Amazon now has Jackson County Jail / Caged Heat listed as coming out on March 22. Does this mean there will be no Corman Classics slated for Feb?

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Lots of titles I'm interested in...but WON'T be buying any of them unless they have English subtitles included.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
My burning question, once more, will Lucky Lady include the alternate ending as a supplement?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I have just been informed that those DEATH HUNT commentaries will no longer be included on the DVD, but may show up on a future edition Blu-Ray. Opening post has been modified. And, I am disappointed. Gonna go drown my sorrows in a heavy dose of egg nog.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
From Shout's PR (no mention of LL alternate ending or DH commentaries):

[SIZE=10pt]LUCKY LADY (1975)
When three down-on-their-luck losers, Claire (Liza Minnelli), Kibby (Gene Hackman) and Walker (Burt Reynolds), come together in a Mexican border town to start a booze-running operation during Prohibition, egos, enemies and envy collide. But through some mysterious alchemy and a couple of gunfights, the three become immensely successful bootleggers and, even more surprising to them, a fully functioning ménage à trois. A throwback to the great screwball comedies of the 1930s which Time Magazine described as "luxurious, sassy and a lot of fun,” Lucky Lady was written by Willard Huyck & Gloria Katz (American Graffiti), directed by the great Stanley Donen (Singin' in the Rain), and also stars Geoffrey Lewis, John Hillerman, Robby Benson. Special features include Vintage Featurettes, Original Trailers and a TV Spot. SRP $19.93.

11 HARROWHOUSE (1974)
This is like no robbery you've ever imagined. With the help of a wealthy widow (Candice Bergen), an eccentric oil baron (Trevor Howard), an angry employee (James Mason), and guts, a cockroach, a thin cord and a vacuum cleaner, a talented burglar (Charles Grodin) attempts a daring robbery of the world's largest clearinghouse for gems. Based on the novel by Gerald A. Browne, directed by Aram Avakian, and adapted by Charles Grodin, 11 Harrowhouse delivers precise wit and comedy through its talented ensemble cast, resulting in a wild-ride spoof on suspense thrillers. The original theatrical trailer is included as a special feature. SRP $19.93.

DEATH HUNT (1981) / BUTCH & SUNDANCE: THE EARLY DAYS (1979) (Double Feature)
Fifteen years after starring together in The Dirty Dozen, Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin teamed up again for Death Hunt, an exciting action film set in the Canadian Rockies that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Loner trapper Albert Johnson (Bronson) saves a dog from some ruthless men who set up dogfights for the local miners. After he beats up the group's ringleader, a posse comes after him and when he kills one of them in self-defense, RCMP Sgt. Edgar Millen (Marvin) reluctantly tracks him down -- but bringing Johnson in ends up being more than anyone bargained for. The film is a fictionalized account of the greatest manhunt in Canadian history, which was conducted during the early 1930s in the Canadian regions of the Northwest Territories and the Yukon in Northern Canada. Directed by Peter Hunt, the film also stars Andrew Stevens, Carl Weathers, Ed Lauter, and Angie Dickenson.

In Butch & Sundance: The Early Days, saddle up and ride with charming mastermind Butch Cassidy (Tom Berenger, Platoon) and his crack shot cohort The Sundance Kid (William Katt, The Greatest American Hero) in the days before they became famous, when fun was the name of the game. Dubbed “a handsome Western” by Roger Ebert, this Richard Lester (A Hard Day's Night, The Three Musketeers, Superman II) film tells the backstory of the infamous robbers' early years: how they met, their first clumsy robberies, the showdowns and shootouts that bound them together, the secret that nearly tore them apart and the impossible train heist that made them notorious. Brian Dennehy, Jill Eikenberry, Peter Weller and Christopher Lloyd co-star in this hit action-comedy that received an Academy Award for Best Costume Design. Death Hunt and Butch & Sundance: The Early Days feature a new Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.78:1). SRP $14.93.
[/SIZE]

Scorpio

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Cliff,

How about a 28 movie set of all the Columbia Blondie films? I wouldn't even pine for Blu ray versions if this was even possible to produce on DVD.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Cliff,

How about a 28 movie set of all the Columbia Blondie films? I wouldn't even pine for Blu ray versions if this was even possible to produce on DVD.
You can count me in for this if it ever happens. There would be no waiting for a sale for me with a release of the original remastered Columbia versions of this movie series.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
On AV Maniacs Cliff Mac confirmed another New World Pictures acquisition, FIRECRACKER.

cliff mac

Insider
Fox pulled all their masters for LUCKY LADY for us. All of them had the same ending.

Originally Posted by Hasslein
My burning question, once more, will Lucky Lady include the alternate ending as a supplement?

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
The alternate/original ending was used on the "That's Hollywood" show that was syndicated in the late 70s/early 80s. Does Fox have copies of that? They should. Probably in the episode entitled "You've Never Seen This Before."

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
It's great that all these obscure movies are making appearances on pressed discs but I gotta admit I've never heard of 98% of the ones mentioned so far, particularly the Fox titles. Damnation Alley is about the only title I'm familiar with and very happy it's coming to DVD. Cliff - can you talk about some of the better-known movies that are forthcoming?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Vedowski
The alternate/original ending was used on the "That's Hollywood" show that was syndicated in the late 70s/early 80s. Does Fox have copies of that? They should. Probably in the episode entitled "You've Never Seen This Before."
Damn, man, you just triggered total recall of some dormant memories. I remember "That's Hollywood!" Tom Bosley used to host it. Wish they had some of those episodes on DVD. That'd be a real treat!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
On AV Maniacs, Cliff confirmed TIMEWALKER will be hitting DVD late 2011; don't know, yet, if it's gonna be a solo release or a double feature. It's new time frame has been amended in the opening post.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
More confirmations from Cliff over at AV . . . looks like the original LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS is headed for DVD in 2011! I'm adding it to the opening post.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by SWFF
More confirmations from Cliff over at AV . . . looks like the original LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS is headed for DVD in 2011! I'm adding it to the opening post.
But who has the master elements? The AIP print that MGM struck up that has played cable is nice and sharp.

Now what I want to see is THE TERROR with the additional scenes Corman shot with Dick Miller a few years ago to create a "new" version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks