What's new

Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame those Fox titles won't be released on Blu-ray too. I would upgrade a bunch in heartbeat.
I would especially love to have DMCL/RWTD in High Def.

cliff mac

Insider
Originally Posted by scottc1992
I would hope that some of the bonus stuff (commentaries, etc.) would be ported over or new stuff added.See, Shout!, you guys have spoiled me!
Yes they will and some new stuff too.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Originally Posted by cliff mac
I'd love to release THE BOOGENS and I'm working on it.... we'll see if it can be done.

Holy shit, Cliff, you just made my evening! Try, Cliff, try real fuckin' hard to get it. Paramount owns it, don't they? Love to see a cast commentary. Too bad the guy who played Mark, the hero of the movie, died a few years ago from cancer. Love to see it loaded with as many bells and whistles as possible. Yee-ha! Working on those changes who just mailed me.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Okay, got some major changes to the Corman Schedule that needs to be conveyed. Thanks, Cliff, for the heads up on these. Still oevr the moon on a possible BOOGENS DVD coming from Shout! Yee-ha! You now what? I think this calls for more dancing bannas.

Behold . . . . . . my creation.

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, here are the changes, which have been duplicated in the opening post:

March 22nd release of BLACK OAK CONSPIRICAY/THE GREAT TEXAS DYNAMITE CHASE (DOUBLE FEATURE) cancelled. These two movies have instead been replaced with an April Triple Feature of GREAT TEXAS DYNAMITE CHASE/SMOKEY BITES THE DUST/GEORGIA PEACHES.

Coming in the Fall we've got two new configurations: BLACK OAK CONSPIRACY/SAVAGE! (DOUBLE FEATURE) and a Quadruple Feature containing FLY ME/TNT JACKSON/TOO HOT TO HANDLE/FIRECRACKER.

And another Quadruple Feature (undated) of DEATH STALKER/DEATHE STALKER II/THE WARRIOR AND THE SORCERESS/BARBARIAN QUEEN.

cliff mac

Insider
Here is the other cover that goes along with DMCL/RWTD
09a7dc31_FightingMadMovingVio294C01.jpg

cliff mac

Insider
Don't get too excited about THE BOOGENS... Studio deals can take a looooooonnnngggggg time.

Originally Posted by SWFF
Okay, got some major changes to the Corman Schedule that needs to be conveyed. Thanks, Cliff, for the heads up on these. Still oevr the moon on a possible BOOGENS DVD coming from Shout! Yee-ha! You now what? I think this calls for more dancing bannas.

Behold . . . . . . my creation.

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, here are the changes, which have been duplicated in the opening post:

March 22nd release of BLACK OAK CONSPIRICAY/THE GREAT TEXAS DYNAMITE CHASE (DOUBLE FEATURE) cancelled. These two movies have instead been replaced with an April Triple Feature of GREAT TEXAS DYNAMITE CHASE/SMOKEY BITES THE DUST/GEORGIA PEACHES.

Coming in the Fall we've got two new configurations: BLACK OAK CONSPIRACY/SAVAGE! (DOUBLE FEATURE) and a Quadruple Feature containing FLY ME/TNT JACKSON/TOO HOT TO HANDLE/FIRECRACKER.

And another Quadruple Feature (undated) of DEATH STALKER/DEATHE STALKER II/THE WARRIOR AND THE SORCERESS/BARBARIAN QUEEN.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Can't help it, Cliff. I've waited this long for THE BOOGENS, a little while longer ain't gonna make that much a difference. At least this time I can see some possible light at the end of the tunnel. Actually, I'll be surprised if you can acquire it. Please, Cliff, surprise me.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Cliff

For the April Triple Feature of GREAT TEXAS DYNAMITE CHASE/SMOKEY BITES THE DUST/GEORGIA PEACHES - will you be changing the theater to be a cinderblock design with a lobby covered in knotty pine paneling?

For Firecracker, are you trying to find footage of the Black Belt Olympics?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm curious about the Boogens' history on home video - the last VHS release, back in the mid-90's, came from Republic Pictures via Artisan, which is now Lionsgate. I know there is some Republic stuff that Paramount distributed, was Boogens one of them? Regardless of who owns the rights in 2010, I always considered the film a "holy grail" in terms of it ever seeing the light of day on a legitimate DVD and wish the folks at Shout Factory the best of luck in their attempt to acquire it.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
A little surprised to see the quad feature DEATH STALKER/DEATH STALKER II/THE WARRIOR AND THE SORCERESS/BARBARIAN QUEEN scheduled. It sort of burns the folks who went ahead and ordered the website exclusive of THE WARRIOR AND THE SORCERESS/BARBARIAN QUEEN. That'll teach 'em to support Shout! and not wait.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luisito34
I'm curious about the Boogens' history on home video - the last VHS release, back in the mid-90's, came from Republic Pictures via Artisan, which is now Lionsgate. I know there is some Republic stuff that Paramount distributed, was Boogens one of them? Regardless of who owns the rights in 2010, I always considered the film a "holy grail" in terms of it ever seeing the light of day on a legitimate DVD and wish the folks at Shout Factory the best of luck in their attempt to acquire it.
THE BOOGENS hit VHS in early 1997. Winter, I believe.

I emailed Code Red DVD about it several years ago, when they were putting out SILENT SCREAM, and since Rebecca Balding was also in THE BOOGENS they wanted to get a hold of that one, too, but told me Paramount doesn't sub-liscense their movies out. So, here's to hoping Shout! can pull off the impossible.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Perhaps Olive, which has been putting out Paramount titles since the summer, will get ahold of THE BOOGENS, but you're probably better off waiting for TCM/TCM HD to broadcast it again.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I got a good copy of THE BOOGENS from the last TCM airing, but unfortunately, it was not shown 16x9 Anamorphic on TCM HD, just flat letterboxed. Still though it's better than having a P/S version of it.

cliff mac

Insider
We have received more complaints from people that weren't going to buy it off our site, so I figured that it was time to release it.
The price on this will be low and more than worth the DEATHSTALKER double feature... and they'll have an extra copy of WARRIOR/BARBARIAN.

Originally Posted by mdnitoil
A little surprised to see the quad feature DEATH STALKER/DEATH STALKER II/THE WARRIOR AND THE SORCERESS/BARBARIAN QUEEN scheduled. It sort of burns the folks who went ahead and ordered the website exclusive of THE WARRIOR AND THE SORCERESS/BARBARIAN QUEEN. That'll teach 'em to support Shout! and not wait.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by cliff mac
We have received more complaints from people that weren't going to buy it off our site, so I figured that it was time to release it.
The price on this will be low and more than worth the DEATHSTALKER double feature... and they'll have an extra copy of WARRIOR/BARBARIAN.
I get it, and at the end of the day those customers who did order from the website will have to decide if they want to double dip. I presume this means that the website exclusive experiment is on hold for the time being?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
the people who did get The Warrior & Sorceress / Barbarian Queen - have had a chance to watch it for months before this release - which doesn't seem to being arriving for at least six months since the Select offering. Those who have an extra copy can now loan it out to friends who need to enjoy the glory of Carradine

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
the people who did get The Warrior & Sorceress / Barbarian Queen - have had a chance to watch it for months before this release - which doesn't seem to being arriving for at least six months since the Select offering. Those who have an extra copy can now loan it out to friends who need to enjoy the glory of Carradine
Yeah, I get that and that sort of rationalization was tolerated from the majors during the DVD boom years. Now that we're getting closer to niche levels, I'm guessing that there's a bigger price to be paid if you hack off your depleted customer base. Or not, I guess we'll see. As this is something of a one-off for Shout!, I doubt it's that big a deal but that's why I posted the follow-up regarding online exclusives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks