What's new

Shampoo and more Bogart Films: 1/21/03 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/10_29.html
Just in from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment are another batch of new and catalog releases, all due January 21st. Making their DVD debuts are the recent limited release theatrical features World Traveler and Mad Love (not the 1997 Drew Barrymore pic), plus three new library gems, including Sirocco, The Harder They Fall and the Warren Beatty classic Shampoo. Stay tuned for more details...
lets hope there are some special features on the disc

Craig_T

Second Unit
Given Columbia's pathetic catalog treatment lately, I'll be happy if Shampoo is just anamorphic widescreen, and not some pan & scam disaster.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This great news because it means two more Bogart films are being released which are Sirocco and The Harder They Fall which was Bogart's last film with Rod Steiger. Also, "Mad Love" is a classic thriller that starred the great Peter Lorre and Colin Clive. I can now retire my taped copies of all three films.

Oscar,
I've edited the thread title for clarity of which titles are being released.

Crawdaddy

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Sorry to disappoint you all, but it is not the Peter Lorre/Colin Clive MAD LOVE that Columbia is releasing on DVD. It is a new Spanish film from Vicente Aranda, who directed LOVERS and THE BLOOD-SPATTERED BRIDE.
The classic MAD LOVE is an MGM picture owned by Warner Bros.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Crawdaddy
Not a problem at all. I had no idea they were Bogart movies in the first place. It certainly seems that your requests for more Bogart has certainly been answered.
cheers
:emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark,
I've forgot it was a MGM release and done some checking on this latest Mad Love film. It must have been an art movie house release because it only made about $250,000 in gross here in the States.

Crawdaddy

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Happy to see Shampoo and The Harder They Fall coming to DVD. Still hoping that In a Lonely Place will come along soon from Columbia.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Given Columbia's pathetic catalog treatment lately, I'll be happy if Shampoo is just anamorphic widescreen, and not some pan & scam disaster.
My thoughts exactly... Shampoo is one of my all time favorites. A commentary track or other supplements would be great too. Please do this one right!
Ted

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to see the Bogie films coming out,but my heart skipped a beat for a moment at the thought of the classic 1935 "Mad Love" coming out on DVD until I too realized it was an old MGM title still under the thumb of WB...:frowning:

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy that Shampoo is finally coming out. Now if someone would please release Alex in Wonderland I think I'd have all the Hal Ashby I want (Coming Home by MGM was great).

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Now if someone would please release Alex in Wonderland I think I'd have all the Hal Ashby I want
Paul Mazursky directed Alex in Wonderland, which even though I consider it a failure, it was an interesting failure that I would see again. I would also love to see the Mazursky film's Next Stop Greenwich Village and An Unmarried Woman.
The Hal Asby film that I would love to see come out on DVD is The Landlord.
Sorry for diverting the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks