What's new

Sensurround Movies (1 Viewer)

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
I would like to hear anyone's input on the transfer of Universal's Sensuround movies. I just purchased the special edition of MIDWAY dvd, and even though it has a 1.1 soundtrack, the .1 being for the bass track, I was surprised that it really didn't kick much. The laserdisc widescreen edition release had an actual feel of sensurround, the dvd lacked totally. Of course the Goodtimes EARTHQUAKE release was terrible. Rollercoaster is just as bad, and I havn't viewed the Galactica disc, though I see that has a 1.1 soundtrack too.

I recently bought, on Ebay, the Brazilian edition of EARTHQUAKE on dvd (which is also encoded to play on region 1 players), released last year by Universal. Now this dvd is great! Why isn't it out here? It is totally remastered in picture and sound, and is one great transfer, and has a bass track that is very strong, obviously mastered into the mix were the bass signals used in Sensurround, though I am sure at a higher frequency. The great John Williams score was remastered too...If you like Earthquake, find this one somehow.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
I would like to hear anyone's input on the transfer of Universal's Sensuround movies. I just purchased the special edition of MIDWAY dvd, and even though it has a 1.1 soundtrack, the .1 being for the bass track, I was surprised that it really didn't kick much. The laserdisc widescreen edition release had an actual feel of sensurround, the dvd lacked totally. Of course the Goodtimes EARTHQUAKE release was terrible. Rollercoaster is just as bad, and I havn't viewed the Galactica disc, though I see that has a 1.1 soundtrack too.

I recently bought, on Ebay, the Brazilian edition of EARTHQUAKE on dvd (which is also encoded to play on region 1 players), released last year by Universal. Now this dvd is great! Why isn't it out here? It is totally remastered in picture and sound, and is one great transfer, and has a bass track that is very strong, obviously mastered into the mix were the bass signals used in Sensurround, though I am sure at a higher frequency. The great John Williams score was remastered too...If you like Earthquake, find this one somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks