What's new

Scrubs (season 4) ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved all of the background stuff but hated, Hated, HATED the super-egoed Dr. Cox. It's a trend that started last week that tips the careful balance of the character. He's an egotistical ass, yes, but the balloon reflection stuff made him a caricature of himself. (Much like the current iteration of Homer Simpson)

But the side stuff way great. Loved the phone call on speakerphone, the Janitor's Sybll-esque childhood, and Turk hopping on the scooter at the end.

Favorite had to be J.D. still being there when Eliot decided to go for it. Sort of a call back to the mono gag, but totally worth it.

Just hope they tone down the ego to normally extreme levels on Cox for next week.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Come on guys, season finale and this is the first post.

I thought it was a good episode, more touching that LOL funny, but they still threw in some gems as usual: janitor sacrificing himself, Cox talking about Kelso's life ("Aces"), and more Rowdy!

So does this mean Sarah Chalke won't be back next season? Am I the only one who didn't know about this?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Elliott will be back, but not at Sacred Heart. How they will weave her back into the mix, who knows. The show has another 2 years of life, so I'm sure the writers will figure something out. Plus, with JD on his own for the first time in over a decade, it should be funny.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Great season finale. I knew I was in for a treat when I laughed hard a few times in the teaser.

J.D. and Turk in their outfits when they meet cracked me up. It is always fun to see old fashions being made fun of.

I guess the promo monkeys didn't screw with us this time. Elliot really is leaving. Ten bucks says however, that she ends up back at Sacred Heart in the first four episodes of next season.

Ted being told to move was funny, since you know it isn't the first time it's happened. It reminded me of Milton Waddams from Office Space.

"368 x 492 = ....."

"That's a typewriter Ted."

"Damn, it's got my tie." :)

J.D. and Turk fighting over who got Rowdy was even funnier than it should have been thanks to the dog being stuffed.

I want that 82" pizza dammit! I hope the middle is cooked though.....

I liked how they introduced the upstairs neighbor, only to have the boyfriend/finance/husband crash through a few seconds later.

Todd sure proved that he really shouldn't be a surgeon with his taking of the laxatives in the pie.

All in all, a very worthwhile seaon finale, and I hope to catch it again this summer.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
"Maybe its cause this time I didn't try to trick you" - Janitor
--They both eat the Pie--
"Who does this to themselves" (both on the toilets) - JD

I didn't quite understand the whole "now that you control Elliott she keeps all my sports bras" thing. I don't understand the correlation of it. Can anyone elaborate that. either it wasn't funny, or Im missing a key element that would make it funny.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's just funny because after all of the apparent support for Elliot and her striving for more, the real motivation was such an utterly shallow affair.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Eliott can't leave! She's the best part of the show.
Good episode and funny as always.
Was the actor who plays Elliots B.F as bland on Ed?

Looking forward to getting my Season one set soon.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
So the whole Sport Bra thing was just a metaphor for Carla's support to Elliot?

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I thought that the sports bra had to do with Elliot jumping anytime that her boyfriend told her to. I also can't wait to get the DVD. I am excited to see how they handle Elliot's new job next season. I hope we still get to see plenty of her with the group. Also, I don't really want to see Turk and Carla with a baby!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
An 82" pizza is almost 7' long. The box Turk was holding was clearly smaller.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Finally caught it, thanks to TiVO. Decent season closer...not the best of the season, though.

I do hope Sarah comes back. She's an integral part of the show.

Can't wait for S1 tomorrow,
Chuck

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this (or any other) Scrubs thread, but the show is actually produced and owned by Touchstone, which is a division of Disney, who owns ABC. The reason that NBC has jerked it around various timeslots and otherwise messed with the show is because it's not owned by them. They aren't necessarily sabotaging the show, but they're not out to help it out, either. It's just popular enough for them to keep it around, but they don't want to promote something that is not theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks