What's new

Scenes That Gave You A Chill... (1 Viewer)

Many of the choices listed so far I can agree with. That said, for me Franco Zeffierelli's Jesus of Nazareth does it for me every time I view it. The scene where Christ exorcises the young man. WOW!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
"get yer stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"

when Harold Russell breaks the glass panes with his hooks exorting the neighbor kids to get a good look.

"Gilda, i want you to meet someone, are you decent?"

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
The Dream is Alive...viewed in an IMAX theater...that first shot of Earth from orbit never fails to bring tears to my eyes and goosebumps all over.

I realize it's just a few million years of natural selection programming me to respond to those colors and shapes but there it is. I have the DVD but it doesn't work the same magic as that big, beautiful, overwhelming IMAX image.

D

DAN NEIR

I agree with many of the scenes here but would like to add,
Iron Giant, the ending.... One Word. "Superman".
It gets me everytime.

Rey_Ramos

Agent
I'll just put the movies since most of you know the scenes.

*All 3 Matrix movies.
*All of Gladiator.
*Last scene of Usual Suspects.
*Last scene of Sixth Sense.
*All of Unbreakable.
*All of Signs.
*The Bourne Identity, where Jason kills that guy in the field and asks who he works for and if there are others with him and he says "I work alone, like you."
*All of Seven.
*Pulp Fiction, when they let the gimp out. (What the hell was that all about?!?)And when Uma...you know the scene...EEK!!
*All Road to Perdition.
*All Silence of the Lambs.
*The beginning scene of Read Dragon when Edward Norton figured out about Hannibal.
*All of Saving Private Ryan, I can never watch that movie again.
*Castaway, when the plan crashes and the first day he is alone on the Island. And the last scene of the crossroad.

There are so many more but these came to mind first.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Here are a few of mine:

Final scene of Shawshank: "For the second time in my life, I'm guilty of comitting a crime."

"Of all the gin joints in all the world..." from Casablanca. That whole movie is amazing.

Empire Strikes Back when Han is frozen in carbonite I love how evil Darth Vader looks when it cuts to him and he is raising his head up.

Star Wars: "You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home."

Sons of Scotland speach from Braveheart.

Sam staying with Frodo at the end of Fellowship of the Ring.

Gollum showing his split personality in the Two Towers.

The truck chase scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

When Neo start to believe he is the One during his fight with Smith in the Matrix.

The ending to The Thing.

I'll probably think of more later on, but these are the ones that jump right to mind.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Wow, lots of great scenes mentioned here guys. Hmm, let's see if I can add anything new which I thought were just chillingly gripping scenes.

The Usual Suspects - The ending
8 Mile - Jimmy Smith's final three freestyle battles
Heat - The bank shootout
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - When the outer wall is finally breached
Primal Fear - The ending
Armageddon - The scene where they go through the meteor field and one of the ships windshield (are they called windshields on spaceships?) cracks, and they know they're going to die
Rounders - The cop catches Worm bottom-dealing and you just know there's going to be a serious ass-whooping
Snatch - Micky's mother's caravan being burnt down

David_Giles

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with so many here, so rather then repeat the obvious ones i
'll add:

Forrest Gump:when Jenny tells Forrest that its his son.

Awakenings:part where Deniro's mother see's him for the first time"awake"

JustinS

Agent
First thing that sprang to mind was Annie Pope meeting her father in the restaurant in Running on Empty.

The last scene of Gallipoli.

Szpilman playing for Hosenfeld in The Pianist.

The last scene of Breaker Morant.

The last several scenes of Amadeus.

Since so many mentioned Braveheart, my favorite scene is when Murron looks down at the dried thistle flower for the second time and realizes what it is.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
The end of "Paths of Glory" with the captured German girl singing the ballad in front of the soldiers.

In "The Exorcist" when Regan speaks in the voice of Father Damien's mother.

The end of "Wages of Fear" with the Strauss waltz.

Harry Lime's speech in "The Third Man" about the "dots".

The end of "Don't Look Now"...creeeeepy.

And for a more recent film; the scene in "Memento" where the Carrie Anne Moss character calls Leonard a "f***ing retard" and calls his wife a "whore". That just really took me by surprise when I saw it.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have three that pop out at me.

The end of "In the Name of the Father" when the Guilford Four get aquitted of the bombing after 15 years in prison and "Thief of your Heart" begins to play.

The scene towards the end of the ring when Samara climbs out of the TV. The way she moved was creepy.

The third wasn't a movie but rather a trailer. I forget what movie it was I was seeing, but I remember seeing a really small 4:3 box on the screen w/tinny laser sounds all around. A voice came on and said "for the last 15 years this has been the only way for a generation to enjoy the Star Wars trilogy" or something to that effect. Then the screen went full 16:9 and so did the sound it showed the trailers for the special editions. My jaw was on the floor.
The rest of the day was a total letdown. I wanted to see that trailer again!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The end of "In the Name of the Father" when the Guilford Four get aquitted of the bombing after 15 years in prison and "Thief of your Heart" begins to play.
Excellent! "I'm a free man, and I'm going out the front door".

One of my favorites.

Another Daniel Day-Lewis moment that brings chills - "No, you submit, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you", from Last of the Mohicans

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Szpilman playing for Hosenfeld in The Pianist.
I'm glad someone mentioned that. I wholeheartedly agree. Glad I wasn't the only one it affected that way.

Watched LOTR:TTT-EE last night and one scene absolutely made me gasp in awe. It was when the Orcs run away from Helm's Deep into the forest... and the Ents wipe them out. I was so blown away by that scene.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
While not in a movie and I've only seen it once, it still gives me and everyone I know that saw it terrible chills...

Lisa Marie kissing Jacko.

Now I need a few drinks to erase this from my memory.

Mike Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
In THE SWEET HEREAFTER: The school bus sinks through the ice - shown in long-shot from POV of Bruce Greenwood, who watches helplessly knowing his two sons are onboard.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Oh man.

The final shot of Angel Heart before the end credits roll. I'm already completely spooked and weirded out, and this final revelation jams you with a two-by-four sideways.

Runner up: the "man behind the Winkies" in Mulholland Drive

And if you want total tears, the "Baby Mine" sequence from Dumbo... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks