What's new

Samsung PN51D7000 51 Inch 1080P Full HD 3D Plasma TV (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
]Samsung PN51D7000 51 Inch 1080P 600Hz Real Black Filter WiFi Full HD 3D Plasma Smart TV Anyone here own this HDTV? Trying to raise the money for this TV and thought I would get some feedback before I pull the trigger. Have herd that this HDTV is really nice for the money and better than this years Panasonic in it's price range. I can get this on sale for $1,399 and free shipping which is really nice. Am looking to replace my 6+ year old Sony KDF-E50A10 50" Three Chip LCD HDTV. Also hoping to get a Sony BDPS580 3D bluray player to replace my Sony BDP-S300.

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
D7000 is really great bang for the buck IMO, I own the 64". Very good feature set if you get a calibration too. My only negative, is the 51" models have a higher MLL than the 59 and 64. Id recommend an ST or GT30 over the 51" Samsung.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
And Id recommend the Oppo BD players over ANY OTHER player. (and they are also a HTF Sponsor !! )

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This year's Samsungs, including the D7000, suffer from brightness "pops" similar to this year's Panasonic fluctuating brightness issue. Panasonic has addressed their problem with a firmware/A board update. Lots of info on both problems over at AVS and HDJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks