What's new

Rob Zombie's "Halloween (2007)" coming (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hate that rape scene, in the commentary Zombie tries to rationalize it by saying that those kinds of rapes go on in insane asylums. :confused:

Maybe in his twisted mind they do but I find it hard to believe that an insane asylum would have such poor security that that sort of thing could happen on such a regular basis like he implies lol.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I really don't think you could give me a copy of this film.

It's truly one of the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen both versions.

I liked McDowall in the Dr. Loomis role and the "director's cut" gives his character some additional dimension. Making his character a shrewd opportunist was the only inspired idea in this whole colossal failure of a movie.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I still haven't seen this. I know it's supposed to be terrible, but I'm still curious about it. A lot of the sequels to the original Halloween weren't that great either, and I enjoyed those I have seen. Plus Malcolm McDowell is great in anything he's in. Might as well wait for the Blu-Ray to arrive.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Brian, it's not terrible. Many of us liked it okay. It's jsut that there is a large group of haters who are so passionate about their hate, you just dont' want to jump up and say you liked it okay.....as I just did. :D No offense to the haters...to each his own. It's jsut that the film really isn't as bad as its rep.

It's worth a look. I bought a used copy of the DVD to watch in October. Looking forward to another viewing. Last year I downloaded the leaked cut and watched it the Friday the film was first out in theaters. Then I went to the theater and saw it the next day. That was a very strange feeling. I feel I got a taste of the future of movie watching. WE'll be able to catch new releases the day they are released to theaters...only at home if we want. We'll certainly have to pay though. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I didn't hate the movie and I didn't love it but I will say that it's much better than Halloweens 5 to 8 (not that that's a big accomplishment
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
).

MattFini

Supporting Actor
For my money Halloween 5 is one of the very best sequels. It took me a few viewings to come around to it and now I think its an absolutely fantastic film with a few missteps along the way.

Re: Zombie's Halloween. I was actually looking forward to his take on it. The original is probably my favorite film of all time and there's no way it could be improved upon. My biggest gripe with it, however, is just how flat and silly it all is.

If we're talking about the theatrical cut, the climactic chase sequence is SO poorly done and devoid of any tension. And the stuff leading up to it isn't so hot, either.

Another problem is his characters: they're horrible. Zombie's Laurie, Lynda and Annie are interchangeable, crude and unlikable. And I wasn't looking for Rob to try and recapture the attitudes of Carpenter's cast, either. I was just shocked by how poorly written these characters were. In fact, nearly every person presented in this movie is an unlikable, foul-mouthed, trashy wretch. There's no distinction between them and it really help to illustrate Zombie's painful limitations as a writer.

I didn't hate this because it pisses all over the original. One of my recent favorite horror films was Aja's The Hills Have Eyes and again, Craven's film is one of my all time favorites. I disliked this new Halloween because I found it to be sloppy, repugnant and forgettable.

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
This Blu-ray looks great. Well as good as this movie can look, but hey is was a style choice.
One weird thing is the 2nd disc is a BD with just the Michael Lives doc in SD. Why not just use the same bonus disc (disc 3) from the new DVD just like Blade Runner used the same extras discs for all releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks