What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Night of the Demons -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
In typical Scream Factory fashion, they've given their all to the 4k release of Night of the Demons, an extremely low-budget Halloween-time release affair.

Going for quality Scream os releasing with Dolby Vision and DTS-HD MA 5.1

The film fits the needs of a specific audience, that knows what they're viewing. The new 4k UHD disc is superb, offering both a 4k as well as 2k disc, with tons of extras.

A beautiful scan, with proper color, densities, grain, et al.

Nice that the film is preserved via this new 4k scan of the OCN, and will most likely find its way to Halloween screenings via DCP.

Obviously, a fan favorite, it's being released with Demons 2 and 3.

Unrated version.

Image – 5 (Dolby Vision)

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Makes use of and works well in 4k - 5

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Yes

Worth your attention - If it's your cup of blood

Slipcover rating - 1

Recommended (for fans)

RAH

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Good to hear it's a great looking disc. My copies of this and the two sequels are en route. The third film is making its US HD premiere. Not a good film by any stretch of the imagination but, then again, neither of the three are masterpieces. These are for those of us who enjoy mindless popcorn entertainment.

I wish these threads were more active. Seems to be a generally more mature class of people posting on this board as opposed to the "other" board, which is currently offline. They care more about disc scratches and lack of shipping notifications over there than the actual discs.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Good to hear it's a great looking disc. My copies of this and the two sequels are en route. The third film is making its US HD premiere. Not a good film by any stretch of the imagination but, then again, neither of the three are masterpieces. These are for those of us who enjoy mindless popcorn entertainment.

I wish these threads were more active. Seems to be a generally more mature class of people posting on this board as opposed to the "other" board, which is currently offline. They care more about disc scratches and lack of shipping notifications over there than the actual discs.
HTF is proud to be the Slipcover website.

octobercountry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fred
Oh, it's ridiculous---EVERY SINGLE TIME I hear of this film I immediately think of the older picture and think the discussion is going to be about that one. I'm always confused. Heh....

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Of course, there's more than one older Night of the Demon, just to keep things as helpfully confusing as possible. Not that anyone's screaming for a 4K of the 1980 film, mind you, but still.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Of course, there's more than one older Night of the Demon, just to keep things as helpfully confusing as possible. Not that anyone's screaming for a 4K of the 1980 film, mind you, but still.
The 1980 one probably will get a 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks