What's new

RESERVOIR DOGS: SE cover(s) (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
You know what's great is that my birthday is 8/22. I can ask for Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs from my wife, then ask for Reservoir Dogs again from the rest of my family. I could end up with all 5 covers pretty easily and cheaply.

Actually, I'll probably only get one cover, and am leaning toward Pink right now. It is a tough call, though.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I think it's Mr. White for me. Harvey Keitel rocks! :D
"What, did ya forget your french fries to go with the soda?"

Craig_T

Second Unit
Oh my god, I can't believe anyone would want to collect all of those lame-ass covers. The original looks far better than any of those homemade-looking turkeys. Those look like something a studio with a design dept. on strike would throw together at the last minute.

Guy_K

Second Unit
Looks like Mr. Orange won't get as many sales. No one likes a rat :thumbsdown:. I'm gonna go with Mr. White, or Mr. Blonde.. Or Mr. Pink.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
What about Mr Blue???!!!

Mr. Blue: Our girl was nice.
Mr. Pink: She was okay, but she wasn't anything special.
Mr. Blue: What's something special? Take you out back and suck your dick?

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Whoa!! Those covers are truly repulsive!

Although I'll be buying the disc, I shall certainly be designing my own cover to wrap it in, probably one that uses one of the original theatrical poster images.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Ok, I got this news from Video Store Magazine.

First, about the packaging. There is another thread that mentions the 4-different covers (Mr. Blond, White, Pink, Orange) and supposedly a 5th cover, Mr. Brown. However according to the full page ad for video retailers, there are only (4) versions. It actually says "Four killer packages! One Perfect DVD!" and has order info on ONLY for the 4 covers. Also the 4 different covers are actually just cardboard that slips over the amaray, which is the same for all 4 versions. Each cardboard slip will be unique, and will feature an 8-page collectible booklet and "swinging flap" with facts about reservoir dogs. Each cardboard cover will also feature unique facts about the character they portray. The inner DVD cover is just a black background with a piece each of the 4 covers side-by-side (it's actually pretty cool looking)

Now for the features:

Deleted Scenes
Outtakes
2 alternate versions of ear scene
interviews with Tarantino and cast
production notes
poster gallery
cast and crew info
theatrical trailer
***Select scene audio mini-commentaries with filmakers, cast, and critics. The disc will be autored so that it seamlessly skips directly to the scenes discussed in the commentaries***
Featurette: "Real Life Reservoir Dogs" about action figure development
Featurette on the getaway cars
Film Noir retrospective
tribute to independent filmakers, writers, and directors who inspired the movie (including the late Lawrence Tierney)
Full screen and widescreen versions
5.1 dolby and DTS tracks

2-disc set MSRP 26.98

Wow, I can't wait for this one!!

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Whoops, just looked in Video Business Magazine and they have pictures of the Mr. Brown cover (inside and out). Guess there are 5 versions after all.

Steve Bing

Auditioning
Why would anyone want to watch a full screen version of this is what I'm trying to figure out.

GO CELTICS

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Why would anyone want to watch a full screen version of this is what I'm trying to figure out.
Because it's a Super-35 film and contains extra information on the top and bottom of the image. Note in the begining when Harvey Keitel says, "Sorry, it's my book now". On the widescreen version it's essentially his hair speaking. On the full screen version you can actually see him say the line.

Neil

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'm going to try and track down a Mr. Brown version but according to the article in Video Business, Mr. Brown will be available on "a far more limited basis than the other four". Oh well.

Patrick G

Second Unit
I can't believe so many are planning to get the Pink version when Brown is gonna be the valuable rare version. Off to pre-order Brown at Amazon...

Han

Second Unit
Hmm, as dorky as the Brown cover looks, the comic book speculator of old in me will probably grab that one along with the white. Or maybe 50 Mr. Brown DVDs!!! Muahaha!!!
Uh, anyone want a Supergirl:LE DVD numbered in the 200s?:)
Or better yet, a "Limited Edition" of Saving Private Ryan? What was that all about? Maybe limited production run until Hi-Def DVD takes over for good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks