What's new

RESERVOIR DOGS: SE cover(s) (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
The DVD will be packaged in five different flavors, each themed around one of Reservoir Dogs' five main characters: Mr. Pink, Mr. White, Mr. Orange, Mr. Blonde and Mr. Brown. The latter will be available in a more limited capacity than the others.
who the hell is gonna want the pink one?? or the brown one? that looks like s#*t. No purple one??!! that's a cool color.

MatS

Screenwriter
guess we have a confimed date as well
Aug. 27 :emoji_thumbsup:
one week after Pulp and Jackie Brown SEs

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
MAY 21 | Artisan Home Entertainment will employ five different covers when it brings out its two-disc Reservoir Dogs 10-Year Anniversary Special Edition DVD on Aug. 27. Prebook date is July 30.

The much-anticipated DVD version of director Quentin Tarantino's seminal pre-Pulp Fiction crime drama, starring Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth, will include an extensive array of featurettes, cast and crew interviews, audio commentaries, deleted scenes and outtakes.

The DVD version has a suggested price of $26.98, and a VHS edition is $14.98.

The DVD will be packaged in five different flavors, each themed around one of Reservoir Dogs' five main characters: Mr. Pink, Mr. White, Mr. Orange, Mr. Blonde and Mr. Brown. The latter will be available in a more limited capacity than the others.

The box covers of each will feature the theme character set against his designated color, with the cover flap swinging open to reveal the character's bio, photos and quotes. The packaging also includes an 8-page booklet highlighting this dark-humored movie about a robbery gone awry.

This comes from Video Business' web site.

Later

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
What are you talking about MatS?? Any true fan would pick up the Pink cover!!! If any other fan spots your Pink DVD cover, they will get it and laugh :b

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Javier,

I reread your post several times and I may be making a fool of myself, but MatS was paraphrasing a line from the movie where Steve Buscemi's character complains that he didn't want to be Mr. Pink.

I hope your reply wasn't also a paraphrasing from the movie because if it is, I didn't recognize it and am correcting you wrongly.

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Cool it's finally coming. Wait a second though, QT and Bender are doing a commentary on this disc but not for Jackie or Pulp? :angry: Wonder why?

MatS

Screenwriter
Johnny,
I don't know where you get your info for 'who' is doing the commentary on this disc all I see is a statement that there will be 'audio commentaries'.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
VikD,

Is it wrong for me to want 1 of each color?
I think that's what they're banking on (get it, a movie about a robbery gone awry???) to sell even more copies. While the average DVD buyer will purchase the color of their choice, the serious collector may be compelled to pick up all five to complete the set.

Craig_T

Second Unit
I think that's what they're banking on (get it, a movie about a robbery gone awry???) to sell even more copies. While the average DVD buyer will purchase the color of their choice, the serious collector may be compelled to pick up all five to complete the set.
Yep, this way people can pick their favorite one and suckers, I mean serious fans, will be purchasing the same movie five times. Good strategy Artisan!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
This is great news, but what a scam to come out with 5 different covers. Is anyone seriously going to buy all 5?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
You never know-comic book publishers banked on this for a long time. I still have all 5 covers to X-Men 1 (which became the highest selling book of all time because of that stunt BTW). Now granted, DVDs are a little more expensive, but I think that it's an interesting idea. Be interesting to see how many stores actually have all of em to choose from though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks