What's new

Rescue Me Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
"How are you girls on cash". Best line of the night.

This show is so amazingly evil and spiteful. I'm absolutley enthralled with it. Kudos to Leary and Tolan for another great episode.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Let's see: Tommy has been with Janet, Angie, and Sheila all with a short timespan... 3 new future Gavin firefightin' boys on the way? Would be a nice cliffhanger!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
This show feels like watching an accident, except you're watching it in slow motion while it occurs instead of gaping at the results afterwards.

Janet is sleeping with both brothers. She's effectively cheating on Johnny, so there goes any chance for a good foundation to their relationship.

Johnny has committed a no-no that I can't even comprehend. It seems palatable on the show, but as I told someone here yesterday, try mentally sleeping with a sibling's spouse. There just isn't any level of "hot" I've yet to experience that could make that palatable for me.

Franco has let someone take his daughter -- someone he really doesn't know all that well other than what she can offer financially.

I can't quite figure out if Lou is this low because of being duped out of his money, or because the woman left. After all, he wasn't going to have the money even if she stayed and was genuine. That leaves the woman leaving. Tough blow, but breakups occur everyday. Get over it already.

Oh Sheilah. At the risk of using profanity in public, WTF? I've had a few hours to think about it to come up with a better reaction, but none fit so accurately. Is her goal to tie herself to a man who doesn't much like her? Who'm I kidding? Of course it is.

As for Angie, I'm with Janet on this one -- I can't figure out why she'd even get involved in this.

Getting back to Janet, she finds the guy who is treating her well to be somewhat boring, so she goes to one brother for the stability and the other for the excitement. Some pretty twisted psyche's in this show.

When you add in Mike and his "I'm not gay, I was just there," comments, the whole thing just goes into dramedy overload. Is there an emotion this should doesn't leave raw?

I feel I should say something about Sean and his relationship with Maggie, but it's just so pitiful, I can't come up with anything to say. I have absolutely no frame of reference for what he's doing, and it isn't like Maggie's the greatest catch ever. I think Tommy goes over the line way too much, but I keep HOPING he'll verbally knock some sense into Sean.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode felt a little light to, although many subplots were simmering:

Tommy and Shiela - what a mess they are now.

Tommy's crying in the lockerroom, and sliding his tears into the Probie situation. They spent too much time in that lockerroom, though.

Lou's man-scaping (and getting caught by Tommy in the process), his ephiphany about Candi, and gassy exercises.

Franco hooking up with the photo-journalist.

Garrity actually getting talked into marrying Tommy's unstable sister.

Tommy and Johnny's Ex taking all of 15 seconds, and Janet showing up in a wonderful outfit for afternoon nookie (plus Tommy's reticence in not wanting to do it in his bed).

And then Probie screwing up the bet, but in a fortuitous way. Definite deus ex machina to solve some lingering monetary issues for the chief.

This show is so nutty at times.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
I really liked last nights show. Kenny going to yoga was the icing on the cake last night.

But there has one thing that has really bugged me for the last couple of weeks. Can someone explain why Franco isn't going after his daughter more? I realize that he stole her from another couple but i just don't get why he just shrugs his shoulders, like what can i do?

My prediction for the cliffhanger at the end of the season is all three women that tommy had sex with are going to end up pregnant.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Franco's in a bad spot because of the way he got "custody" of his daugher (not on the up-and-up), and Sarandon's character has him outgunned financially and legally.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

As in "cynically manipulating the Probie with his tears." I thought it was hysterical and didn't think the scene was a frame too long. "What worked for you?" "Booze" :)

I can't believe nobody mentioned Uncle Teddy's wedding! What a brilliant scene. "Show me your ass!" "This is cruel and unusual punishment!"

And the punchline from the priest: "She's got some rack, huh?" or words to that effect. I lost it.

Regards,

Joe

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

The answer to that question can be found in asking yourself what you'd do in that situation. I doubt you'd just shrug.

I posted my opinion before, but it looks like the post was lost. He's "shrugging" because he has essentially done illegally what he attempted to do legally in the first place -- place his daughter with another family. Most of us, especially parents, can't see how he could just "let her go" but that's because we're thinking someone took a child from a parent that wanted her to begin with. If we step back and remember who the character is we realize the only reason he had her is he didn't want harm to come to her and that was a realistic possibility with the situation he rescued her from. It doesn't mean he suddenly wanted to be a parent. Most parents probably also think once he's spent some time with her, he'd develop some paternal instincts. Again, I see no problem with the show saying that hasn't happened (at least not yet) given who the character is. If it were Tommy, we'd be having a different discussion, but it's not.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Man I freaking love this show...

The scene with lou in the yoga...and the chicks face after he does, well you know.... Freaking priceless...and the jail house marriage....ROFLMAO....

Have to agree... what a great freaking season......

R~

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
Great show again last night. Every scene was stellar.

Tommy's dad calling Garrity a retard
Franco playing checkers and the brother eating it
The pot house and Garrity's run in with the parking meter - Bong!
Teddy getting interrupted over and over
Tommy and Probie embracing

This season started a little slow for me but it has really picked up the last few weeks. For me it's the best show on TV this summer. Hopefully the DVD's come out before next summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks