What's new

Replacing the battery in N64 games? (1 Viewer)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Has anyone, or does anyone know if it's possible to replace the battery in N64 cartridges?

Or perhaps what battery model they use in N64 games?

Ryan FB

Second Unit
The closest thing to an answer I could find was from an SNES FAQ:
for the info.

Alternatively, you could contact a Nintendo Service Center, and ask if they can install a new battery. You can expect to pay quite a bit for the service, however.
So, the same *might* hold true for N64 games, but the battery type could be different. Keep in mind, the saves are already lost so changing the battery won't bring them back.

What game is it? I've never had a problem with any of my N64 games, and I haven't even experienced the problem on any of my original NES games yet.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Dumb question - are you sure the carts don't require a memory card? Battery backed RAM wasn't ubiquitious on the N64 unfortunately.

abcde

Auditioning
Real Name
brgdbgdbnghn
you need to get a 3.8mm gamebit. you can get them from ebay. there is a memory pak in the cartridge

abcde

Auditioning
Real Name
brgdbgdbnghn
get a 3.8mm gamebit from ebay and open it. nintendo have a flat battery. becarful not to damage the ppins or the memory pak in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks