What's new

Question about NAD 275BEE Stereo Amp for movies (1 Viewer)

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
I am looking at this amp to power Klipsch RF-82 II mains in a 5.1 setup. My main purpose is movies i.e. 90:10 ratio between movies and music. Any comments on this match, pls?? Also, do I really require to buy the pre-amp for NAD to be able to perform at its best or simply use the pre-outs of my avr (yamaha rx-v3900) and feed them into this amp??

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
No, you don't need the NAD preamp, your Yamaha RX-V3900 pre-outs are exactly for this. Personally, the NAD 275BEE is a little bit on the pricey side (~$1300?) when you consider the Emotiva XPA-2 is only $799. However, if you can get the NAD for ~$1000 (or less!) or pick up a used 2 channel NAD or Rotel amp, you would be golden! The Klipsh are 8 ohm speakers and highly efficient. Even your Yahama should be able to handle them adequately but either the NAD or Emotiva would really make them shine. JB

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
The Klipsh are 8 ohm speakers and highly efficient.
Practically tried and tested, Klipsch RF-82 II are not at all efficient, but they are fantastic speakers at the same time if adequately powered. They sound terrible with Yamaha RX-V3900 with 5 channels driven coz yammy doesn't have enough juice to drive them to their potential. I shifted my surrounds (Klipsch RS-52 II) to external sansui B-1000 amp. This freed up more power for the mains and they sound amzing on movies. But I still feel they are underpowered, that's the reason I planned to go for NAD to power the mains, which will free up adequate power for the yammy to effectively run Center and Surrounds. I will remove Sansui then coz it's only 75 wpc and doesn't keep up with the surrounds, which are 100 watts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks