What's new

Pushing Daisies - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked all the references to Vertigo!

The banter and one liners were terrific, Emerson has some great lines.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

My favorite was the proxy high five. He didn't realize what they were asking at first. He likes to come across as crusty, but he plays along with it even when grumbling about it.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
At the very end, they actually showed two pig's feet pushing the woman out the belfry
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Until they are reanimated and undead! :eek:

Finally got "Circus Circus" from iTunes and loved it. The joke with all the clown corpses being taken from the car was great (the actor who plays the coroner is awesome!). Also loved Lily cursing a blue streak in the nuns' chapel with her bible full of booze as she tries unsuccessfully to convince Olive that she never slept with Charles Charles, yet somehow made him believe he was Chuck's father. :laugh:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode will be its big chance as FOX, NBC, and CBS are running the Obama paid spot at 8 PM. With any luck there will be a good number of people watching it this Wednesday and they'll stick around in subsequent weeks.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I sure hope ABC doesn't cancel this show, I find "Pushing Daisies" to be one of the most entertaining,innovative,endearing and visually appealing shows available on air or cable. It's hard to believe that the viewership has dropped off that much from last season to make the network just toss this diamond in the rough to the curb. I have_ noticed a drop in discussion here on this thread this season, but, heck, I noticed that about "Grey's Anatomy" 2 years ago and ABC hasn't canceled that show.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Personally I think that last scene was less romantic than sadistic. Heckuva thing to do in front of a guy who can't touch you. ;)

Reminds me of the punchline to an old joke:

Regards,

Joe

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I thought he was going to hug her through the wrap, as they were able to hold hands in a previous episode using a glove in the car - and then the wrap wasn't there...a welcome surprise to everyone except for him...

I just keep thinking of the full body condom in the naked gun movies...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's sad that such a great show appears to be going down in flames. I don't really understand where the audience went.

It was a huge mistake not to bring the show back after the strike. Much of the audience probably thought it was cancelled then.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, ABC really made a mistake in not bringing this show and others back after the writers' strike was over. The show lost any momentum it had achieved before the strike. I hope ABC will give PD a chance to find its audience again, like last season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately any momentum Pushing Daisies might get from only going up against Obama Top Model tonight might be lost next week. Due to the election results preempting Dancing with the Network Stars on Tuesday, that will preempt Pushing Daisies on Wednesday.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Does anyone know what the numbers were for last night? My wife was surprized that this was the only actual show that was on at 8:00, and actually watched it with me for once. She is now a convert...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, I hope we at least get a full season. I'm sure ABC was hoping for a larger audience this past Wednesday. Unfortunately, it won't be on this coming week. I hope that more viewers will return for the next episode.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll be very disappointed if we don't get a full season. I thought there was finally an original show I enjoyed that was going to avoid the cancellation axe...but then came the writer's strike. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks