What's new

Pushing Daisies - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
LOST is apparently going to take it's place on the schedule in January - and this morning, it's not on the advertiser's future buy list from local stations.

My guess: Pushing Daisies is done ;(

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just hope we get a reunion of Chuck and her mom and aunt before it's over. I assume we will, since the network ordered the last ordered episode to serve as a series finale "just in case," and that's something that they would want to accomplish.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And I hope they find some kind of cosmic loophole in Ned's powers so that he can touch Chuck before it's over. My nuts ache just thinking about the poor guy. ;)

Joe

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Lost is going to air Wednesdays at 9, not 8. The night of Lost's season premiere there will be a recap show at 8 but that's it.

ABC has not yet announced what'll air at 8 (though I doubt Daisies will still be there).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It'll be a shame if this is the end.

The networks are really killing themselves with this constant revolving door of shows. It seems like most of the time, they cancel what they consider a "poor" performer, just to have the replacement show perform even worse as NBC is now finding out:

The networks need to be more patient. They're going to panic themselves into extinction with the constant changes to their lineups.

Pushing Daisies attracted a pretty sizeable audience throughout the first season. The network screwed up badly in not bringing it back after the writer's strike. But the audience is probably still there if ABC will have a little patience and let them re-discover the show now that the distraction of the election has passed. If cancelled, they'll probably replace it with a new show that may perform even worse.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Schadenfreude, my ass. I loved Journeyman and am loving Enemy just as much. I'll be equally disappointed if Enemy is canceled.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I think it's over for PD. Last night, it came in dead last in the ratings for the 8pm hour, even behind the CW's "...Next Top Model."

:frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It hasn't been discussed in this thread, I guess, but I read in other threads a week or so ago that PD is dead. Fuller was looking to rejoin Heroes and I think it was established that he will for sure now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This was only the 6th episode of the season. The big question is whether we are going to actually get all 13 episodes over the air, on ABC.com or have to wait for the DVD.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I guess all that's left is to hope the replacement show does even worse and that ABC eventually goes bankrupt. :angry:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I am seriously so upset by this cancellation!!! This is one of the only, if only, shows that has smart writing, great acting and just an overall great presence!! I cannot believe it's going away:frowning:

And I hate that we may have to wait for comic books to read about how everything gets tied up...man, this bites!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ABC was singing the praises of the show earlier on Thursday:

So, PD was beating KR in the key demos, but KR is the show that gets the full season order from its network? Makes sense to me. :rolleyes

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
KR has major funding by product placement. So, it doesn't need to do as well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
KR is the show I kind of shake my fist at for a lot of reasons this season. "This garbage stays around and requires a Bionic Woman-style retooling, but My Own Worst Enemy is canceled?" I understand that in that case, it was an expensive cast and a lack of an audience. Still, KR is an atrocity.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks