What's new

PSP Memory Question (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
John--yeah rebates are hit-or-miss...mostly hit, but I understand why some folks stay away from MIR deals. And just in case my post gave the wrong impression...it wasn't meant to thread-crap your post; that's a great no-MIR price IMHO. But for folks who are willing to take the MIR gamble, the Outpost.com price is a good deal...availability notwithstanding. Even then--given the MIR offer, it's no surprise that it's temporarily unavailable...:D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Tony, no I didn't think you were thread-crapping. I meant I was upset b/c it looked like I missed out on a better deal. Then, since it wasn't available, I was a little relieved, since mine was already on order, and infact, it came in a couple days ago.

I could advertise the same item for $100, no MIR, but if it's not available, what good is it.

Thanks for pointing out other options. Gives others here places to choose from.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I picked up the 1GB Sandisk Duo from Frys/Outpost for $40 after $30 rebate. Knowing what I know now, I would have waited a little and picked up at least 2GB. A 2 hour movie encodes to around 1GB by itself, and that's not even the highest bitrate.

Using PSP Video 9, it was really easy to make movies, although with my P4 1.6Ghz PC, it takes over 2 hours to encode one movie, not including the time it takes to rip the movie from DVD and write the movie back to the Duo card. To me, the $7 UMD movie sale at Deep Discount DVD is much more worth it for those titles. Ripping will provide me with other viewing options (I ripped the Cranberries Live in Paris, yum!)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
For those still searching for a decently priced 1GB stick:

J&R has the SanDisk 1GB Gaming Memory Stick PRO Duo for $49.99 (after $10 MIR). Link Rebate

Their RR profile isn't the strongest, so it could be hit or miss.

Rodney K

Agent
In case any of you are still looking for memory for your PSP, Amazon.com has 2GB Sandisk memory stick pro duo's for $85 after a mail-in rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks