What's new

Problem with DVD (Essential Clash) I've never seen befor! (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hello friends,

A friend of mine bought the above DVD released by Epic. He has an RCA DVD player. The disc appears to be region 1 (although it does not say so on the package.), and he has a region 1 player. When he loads the disc, the FBI warning comes up, than the "EPIC" logo animation plays, and then it stops and the player states that the disc is not playable instead of going to the menu screen. I've never seen this before. He took the disc back, exchanged it, and the second disc is doing the same. I tried the DVD in my player (a 3 year old Panasonic) and it played fine.

I'm guessing it's a player issue, but why would it start to play and than state that it's not a compatible disc? I've tried to play non-compatible stuff in my player and it doesn't work period (doesn't load intro graphics and such) I'm wondering if their is a authoring problem with the menu. Also his player is Progessive scan, and he currently has it switched off, would that interfere with it?

I tried to go to the heading and force the palyer to start a track, but you can't because the FBI/LOGO stuff is forced on and can't be skipped.

Anyone else have a problem like this on a DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks