What's new

Pressure mounts on U to turn Blu (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Absolutely format neutral. On First Gen BD player replaced by a second gen player, one first gen HD player replaced by a second gen player. And I guess you could say I favor BD as the BD player is higher in my rack. (Of course, you would be wrong):D

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Let's not go down the "fanboy" juvenile name calling road shall we. :rolleyes:Is this AVS?

BTW - have you also voiced your displeasure at Universal and Weinstein for being exclusive? No? Not sticking up for your fellow BD owners equally? That figures. Now that's what I call "neutral".

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jim,

That's a bit particular in the same thread where you try to play down your comparing of someone's neutrality with the Nazi's (neutrality).

From this point on, we want posters in this thread to post about the subject. Which is NOT some other poster's style, opinions, agenda, neutrality, etc. It may make these threads more interesting to some clinical psychologists, but not to our intended membership.
Please consider this a last warning.

Cees

Brian-W

Screenwriter
(flame suit on)

Universal will likely announce support at CES 2008. That would be the prime place for it or the VSDA. But I bet it will be 2008, as Universal cannot ignore the lost sales on Blu-Ray. Look at sales data for studios supporting both formats, often the top ten sales for each week include a title available (and selling) on both platforms (e.g. Planet Earth; Superman Returns, etc.). Additionally, look for Universal to ride out HD-DVD slowly pulling back until the final nail in the coffin sometime in 2009.

Prediction - HD-DVD will ride out the rest of 2007 as a triumphant chance at bringing sales and adoption rates in; Christmas 2007 will mark the beginning of the end for HD-DVD. CES 2008, HD-DVD officially goes on life support, HD-DVD is around for another 12 months as it is totally replaced by Blu-Ray. early-2009: no more HD-DVD.

(flame suit off)

This isn't to start a war of words, but a prediction using past instances of formats like DiVX, D-Theater, etc. Universal cannot ignore the sales they're losing by not having product on Blu-Ray forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks