1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Ordering DVD's from Amazon question...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Travis Hedger, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

I haven't pre-ordered in quite sometime, and unfortunately Amazon has not responded to my question.

I want to pre-order the Star Wars trilogy coming in September.

If I pre-order now, when do I get charged? I am hoping around the time of release date when it actually ships. Anyone able to confirm this?

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'm pretty sure it says it somewhere during the ordering process, but no...you don't get charged until the item ships.

So far, the only major e-tailer I'e encountered that charges at time of order is DVDSoon.com.

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Screenwriter

Yes, you aren't charged until the item ships. And you can cancel it at any time up until it is ready to ship. Even if it ships, they are great about returning it for a refund.

4. perrin

perrin Stunt Coordinator

The problem with is that Amazon only ships on the day the DVD is released, so you might get the set after four or fives days after it is released in stores.

That is why I went to DeepDiscountDVD.com because I usually I get them in the mail on the day it is released.

perrin

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

I think just about any site charges only when the item ships.
    Sometimes the movie does ship before release date. You never know....