What's new

Directors Post your random thoughts! (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Why do I think that Richard Ramirez is a cool guy?

I'm working on an article for RetroJunk on alternate topics for the 1985 episode of "I Love The 80s 3-D". It'll be my first article with pictures.

That Connie Chung video was so bad that I had to stop watching it.

I wish that my brother could pin down a date for our trip to Six Flags Great Adventure.

I saw an even more recent photo of Sherri Stoner than the one in my signature. She's a definite MILF.

I'm having pancakes for dinner...Yes, such a thing is possible.

I'm looking forward to the 2007 DVD release of "Crossing Delancey".

Universal has issued at least 4 versions of "American Pie" on DVD, but "Private School" is nowhere to be seen. I can't rely on the fan-made copy forever.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Kathleen Wilhoite is another major MILF.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I don't know who the chick in your signature is, but she looks like a dude with makeup on. :D

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

The woman in my signature is Sherri Stoner, the woman I always talk about. That photo was taken in the late 90s. I thought it was the most recent photo of her up until a few days ago.

The most recent photo can be found here: http://www.mynameisearlkress.com/weblog/?p=84

She's in the first photo in between Gordon Bressack and Paul Rugg. If I could get just the image of her into my signature, then you would be able to better understand why I like her looks.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Her writing is actually her best stuff, though.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When did practically every person alive decide that plurals (and even words which simply end with an 's') call for an apostrophe, and why does it annoy me so much?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Yeah, that sure is' annoying.

Funny line from the little B-western I watched last night:

[horrific, blood-curdling scream]

"What was that?"

"Well, I ain't a bit curious."

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I realize that in the grand scheme of things, it's a very minor thing, but during those couple of minutes when you're struggling mightily to open a god-damn dvd that's been overwrapped, over-taped and apparently worthy of more protection than the Sears Tower, it sure as hell seems like a big fucking deal that you have to waste so much time opening up something that you've paid good money for.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
What I hate is when the DVD cover art is protruding a bit from underneath the plastic cover and gets torn up when you remove the goddamned security sticker. :angry:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You ever notice that most people who consider themselves to be "free thinkers" and are extremely vocal about being a rare person who actually develops their own opinions rather than following the mindless masses also tend to get upset and throw a fit when everyone else doesn't have exactly the same opinions they do?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My son (who just turned 6 - God how time flies) thinks the song Empty Spaces off of Pink Floyd's The Wall, sounds Japanese.

Manus

Second Unit
George, try any 'porcupine tree' album from about 6-7 years ago back. Saved me from giving up buying new music.

Who'da thought there'd be 3 pages of thoughts ( at least) waiting in line ?

Must learn how to bowl ( or just find a bowling alley for other reasons)

Dancing bananas dancing bananas dancing bananas

Sh**e , I was right , doesn't have the same effect.

Sorry, I'll leave now...........

Bugger, i started page 4 by accident :)

~M~

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The number of posts per page is set in your options, so it is different for different people.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
If you're talking about the list of films I watched this year, something happened to the post with my list in it (it was around the time there were a bunch of forum problems, but it could have been something I did). In any case, I had no way of replicating it, so I just gave up on it.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have enough Clark Gable DVDs (but this will soon be helped by the arrival of his Signature Collection).

My cat has stopped meowing.

I'm watching that AMC western with Robert Duvall tonight.

I'm undecided about seeing the new Superman movie.

I hope there's a Maureen O'Hara movie box set someday.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I've watched about 40 minutes of Magnolia so far. I could be wrong, but I think I'm going to end up either loving or hating this film very passionately, though I have no idea which one.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hate. Definitely hate. Make room at or near the top of your all time hate list.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member

Well, stopping/pausing the film 40 minutes in, to go on the Internet to post that message isn't a good sign.

Personally, I love it...it's the movie that Crash desperately wanted to be, but failed miserably...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Huh! I don't see that much of a connection between the themes of the two films. Personally, I see Far from Heaven as the film Crash wanted to be (and a hell of a lot more), but failed miserably. Oh yeah, Magnolia is pretty fabulous too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks