What's new

Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream coming early 2006 in 5.1 DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Manus

Second Unit
" It'll be refreshing to listen to this again after the trash that is, Deadwing. "

>>>>>>>>>??????????????????????

Deadwing actually proves how good Steve Wilson and the rest of the band are IMO . He could have stood still and just cloned Stupid Dream but he is always hungry to add something new to his sound and develop it.

Real trash is Sony Corporation near tangible dislike of their own customers.

~M~

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

:eek:

Maybe it's because I come from a metal background, and got into the band with IA, but damn, Deadwing is anything but trash. And I love everything they've done, especially Signify and later.

Now I can see long-time fans getting turned off by the heaviness, but even if you don't like the songs, you have to admit the album is very well made.

"Lazarus" would easily fit into their late 90's sound. God, every song on the record stays with me. Even the cut tracks kick ass, "So-Called Friend", "Mother And Child Divided", "Half-Light". Just awesome stuff. So much feeling.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
While waiting for SD and the eventual release of Lightbulb Sun I find myself in need of new PT to listen to. I currently have IA and DW and like both very much. What would you guys suggest for my next PT purchase?

EDIT: Nevermind, a quick search brought up a thread asking this question. I started the other thread :)

Manus

Second Unit
Been listening to this all day and its an absolute gem . The remastered CD is very nice , but the 24 bit stereo mix is even better only to surpassed by the awe-inspiring openness of the mlp 5.1 on the Dvd-A ! The individual instruments on 'Even Less' and the vocal textures on various tracks are breathtaking. I thought I knew this album but it feels brand new :)

Very highly recommended,

~M~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks