What's new

Plastic Coating on a Bathtub?!?!? (1 Viewer)

David-S

Second Unit
Hi, i've got a question for you all-knowing guru's of the AH lounge...

I recently moved into a new apt (~4 months ago) and for the past month or so, there's been a plastic-like coating that is peeling off in chunks from my bathtub... I don't know exactly when it started (maybe i used some bleach=based cleaner or something) but it has come off in large chunks! I've never owned a house or anything, so I was wondering if this was some way they used of coating the tub to prevent damage to the porcelain or something? The coating is very white, while underneath is a slightly duller gray...

If it's not a big deal i'd rather not have maintenance coming in, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what this stuff was?

Thanks!
Dave

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Never heard of it before. My guess, they cheaped out on installing a new tube and coated the old one. I'd call maintenance. If you let it go, they could pin the repair cost on you.

Peace Out~:D

David-S

Second Unit
Hey Kachi, thanks for the link!

I found something on there that talked about refinishing tubs, so it looks like that's what they did! Appreciate it... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks