Plastic Coating on a Bathtub?!?!?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by David-S, Mar 28, 2003.

1. David-S

David-S Second Unit

Hi, i've got a question for you all-knowing guru's of the AH lounge...

I recently moved into a new apt (~4 months ago) and for the past month or so, there's been a plastic-like coating that is peeling off in chunks from my bathtub... I don't know exactly when it started (maybe i used some bleach=based cleaner or something) but it has come off in large chunks! I've never owned a house or anything, so I was wondering if this was some way they used of coating the tub to prevent damage to the porcelain or something? The coating is very white, while underneath is a slightly duller gray...

If it's not a big deal i'd rather not have maintenance coming in, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what this stuff was?

Thanks!
    Dave

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Never heard of it before. My guess, they cheaped out on installing a new tube and coated the old one. I'd call maintenance. If you let it go, they could pin the repair cost on you.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Kachi Khatri

Kachi Khatri Second Unit

Jay
  4. David-S

David-S Second Unit

Hey Kachi, thanks for the link!

I found something on there that talked about refinishing tubs, so it looks like that's what they did! Appreciate it... [​IMG]