What's new

Paramount - DVD Requests - part 2 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Too bad, Martin. But thanks for keeping us informed and thanks for working towards its eventual release.

Just puts me in mind of the old Carly Simon song....Anticipa-a-tion! ;)

Any hints about that extra material that might be available for a director's cut that was mentioned in another thread here?

Chris M

Second Unit
I second Duckman! Signature 2539 on the petition. Comon Paramount... Please!

"Let's blow this pop-psychology stand, and grab ourselves a couple of greasy cheeseburgers"

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I would love to see Jonathan Demme's 1977 CITIZEN'S BAND perhaps with a commentary. And SUMMER & SMOKE, which was on HBO one night a few ago PAN & SCAN. A nice new anamorphic transfer would be great. Also, WE'RE NO ANGELS (original) and Still waiting for Preston STurges' THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Hello, Mr. Blythe...
I'm having trouble tracking down the rights-owners for the early 80's slasher film NIGHT SCHOOL. The IMDB has lead me in many different directions, even listing Paramount as one of the co-producers of the film. I didn't believe this, till I saw this theatrical poster...

I've since discovered that Key Video, CBS/Fox video, and even Warner Bros. have each released the film on VHS in the past. Quite a confusing history, for one little film.

So my question is, does Paramount have the DVD rights? I'm quite confused, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I also would lend a vote for...
My Bloody Valentine (Uncut) The producer has the footage, and this is one of the most-anticipated uncut releases in horror history. Please make it happen sometime down the road.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Walt, I can tell your right now Paramount has no claim to NIGHT SCHOOL. That film was released under an arrangement NIGHT SCHOOL's production company Lorimar had with Paramount in the '80's. All Lorimar titles belong to Warner Bros. now.

I will put my support in though for MY BLOODY VALENTINE.

Fred Sliman

Auditioning
A child of the 70s (and early 80s), here are a few top Paramount wants:
THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE - The Robert Mitchum gem that has sadly never been available in any format on video.

SAVE THE TIGER - Jack Lemmon’s Oscar-winning role; still considered by many to be the most dead-on look at a mid-life breakdown in American movies.

HUSTLE - Robert Aldrich and Burt Reynolds’ The Longest Yard was a bigger boxoffice draw, but this underrated effort, one of the last true (if sunbaked) film noir, is ripe for reevaluation.

RAGTIME - James Cagney’s final screen role in Milos Forman’s most underrated masterpiece.

REDS - Another stunner from the one/two punch of the Christmas ‘81 season with the above.

LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR - Considered by many the movie that Diane Keaton won the Oscar for (if Annie Hall was on the ballot); still blistering adaptation of bestseller with earliest significant roles for Richard Gere and Tom Berenger.

JACQUELINE SUSANN’S ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH - Better than any of the other adaptations of the popular author’s bestsellers, this one melodramatically tapped her style perfectly.

1900 - A staple of want lists everywhere, particularly in Bertolucci’s years-later issued director’s cut.

ISLANDS IN THE STREAM - An underrated Hemingway with a great George C. Scott essay and stunning photography.

THE KLANSMAN - Can this one be said to be good? Honestly, no, but an irresistible curiosity, with O.J. Simpson debuting, shown in the movie and some ads, life-imitates-art style 20 years before, in the back of Richard Burton’s Ford Bronco with a gun! And in a perfect world, every Lee Marvin DVD is available.

LADY SINGS THE BLUES - Underseen in recent years, Diana Ross still stuns as Billie Holliday, and the occasional fullframe TV prints do no justice.

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS - The most successful of the Agatha Christies, and curiously the last available.

ORCA - The dark killer whale adventure with the late, great Richard Harris.

ROUGH CUT - Burt Reynolds caper comedy from his top boxoffice draw period.

STARTING OVER - Another good Reynolds piece; change of pace romantic comedy that netted his costars Clayburgh and Bergen Oscar nominations while he was shut out in 1979.

SIDNEY SHELDON’S BLOODLINE - Another big budget soaper adaptation with Audrey Hepburn’s last true lead; the reviews were not kind but many remember it fondly in the gloss/trash beach read style.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'll chime in with my only Paramount request:

Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Hopefully we'll see this some day, it would be a shame if this unique film vanished.

Matt_Fairwalker

Auditioning
MY BLOODY VALENTINE -- a completely uncut version of the film.

The entire FRIDAY THE 13TH series uncut.

LAST SUMMER -- completely uncut version of the 1969 film starring Barbara Hershey and Catherine Burns.

As long as I get those, I am a happy (Crystal Lake) camper.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Another request, "The Possession of Joel Delaney."

Also, if Paramount owns "The Monster Squad", please let us know. :)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
This is a request to Paramount for movies to make Special Editions of:

THE SAINT- There are two known deleted scenes to this movie including the climatic fight sequence where Val Kilmer's Saint is hanging from a chandlier in a burning building (seen breifly in the original theater trailer) and the scene where Elizabeth Shue's character dies (only to remain alive after test audiences wanted her character to live)

JADE- The only version released to DVD was a full frame version of the theaterical cut. I would love to see an Special Edition released to include both the theaterical cut and the unrated director's cut (which is only available on VHS) in anamorphic widscreen.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Ace In The Hole is my primo candidate at present.

Robinson Crusoe On Mars is one almost every HTF members list and comes up on many other sites, too.

Reds is long overdue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks