What's new

Paramount - DVD Requests - part 2 (1 Viewer)

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Looking over my Excel spreadsheet, there are only about ten Paramount films I'm dying to have released on DVD:

The Blue Bird (Maurice Tourneur/1918)
Underworld (Josef von Sternberg/1927)
The Docks of New York (von Sternberg/1928)
The Last Command (von Sternberg/1928)
The Wedding March (Erich von Stroheim/1928)

The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (Preston Sturges/1944)
Ace in the Hole (Billy Wilder/1951)
The African Queen (John Huston/1951)
The Conformist/Il Conformista (Bernardo Bertolucci/1971)
1900 (Bertolucci/1976)

Since the first five are silents, I'm not holding my breath (but I would love to hear from Mr. Blythe what plans Paramount has for their great silents--which I believe were not part of the deal that sent most of Paramount's great library prior to 1948 to Universal).

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Mr. Blythe,

You quoted some release dates for upcoming Voyager seasons over at DVDTalk. You stated that they were:

Season 1: Feb 24
Season 2: May 18
Season 3: July 6
Season 4: Aug 3
but that's as far as I can really go at this time.
I posted in that thread, but I know you frequent HTF so I thought I would ask:

Does Paramount intend to release all 7 seasons of Voyager? Don't get me wrong, if you can not reveal the release dates or they are not nailed down, I completely understand that...I am just curious if Paramount is definitely planning on releasing all of the seasons. I sincerely hope so. While Voyager was not my favorite Trek series (that would be TNG!!), I am DEFINITELY planning on getting all 7 seasons of Voyager if they are released. Are you able to confirm that all 7 seasons are planned for release at some point??

And by the way, I am also looking forward to the Original Series box sets and would LOVE it if you guys would consider releasing The Animated Series as well.

Thanks for all the good Trek products so far!!!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Another Star Trek question, (figured I'd save making a separate thread). Do you have even a tentative release date or additional info on a Special Collector's Edition or Director's Cut for Star Trek: Generations?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks