What's new

OK, who bought the KILLER KLOWNS DVD? I know you're out there! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
quote: Matthew,
Do you realize that the picture that you use makes you look like you are on a roller coaster and just about ready to barf? :)[/quote]
Are you sure you're not looking at the picture with me in my jester's hat?
biggrin.gif

quote: Oh Hell if it would help I would pre-order Killer Klowns II right now.[/quote]
I would pre-order two copies (if I had the money). :) Hopefully the DVD will sell enough copies to show MGM that there is a cult following for this film and it will let the brothers make a sequel to Killer Klowns. Hopefully on the big screen and not direct to video (not such a bad thing really... look at Tremors 2: Aftershocks) or on television as I'd love to see the Klowns on the biggest screen in Vegas. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on September 02, 2001 at 06:22 PM]

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Well if you were the head of MGM and the Chiodo brothers came up to you wanting to do to a sequel to their film that didn't sell well enough for you on DVD or VHS, would you allow them to do a sequel?
What in the world does that have to do with sending a sealed copy for signing instead of an opened one?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Scott,
I also have a space on my shelf reserved for Klowns, Krull, and BBTS. How sick is that?
Todd.
------------------
"He'll flip you, flip you for real."

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Unless everyone bought a second copy (highly unlikely, I think)to send unopened, how is this going to affect the quantity sold?
I'd love to get mine signed, bur is it worth another $10 plus freight? Not to me.
[Edited last by Kurt N on September 03, 2001 at 06:38 AM]

darrin

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Scott!! Remember me?...I was the big guy at Scooterpalooza!! No, I havent picked it up....yet!! I totally agree with you on this film and was real excited
when I knew it was coming. The only problem was last
weeks releases cost me 147.00!! It was a REAL hard week
for DVD's!! I am sure the same guys that snaged this one
had to grab Scanners, The Howling, Carrie, Dressed to Kill
and...see what I mean?? Next month is going to REALLY
break my wallet. Oh, Killer Klowns rocks!!

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Just watched this with a buddy for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it, as did he. This will look nice on the shelf, sitting right next to C.H.U.D.

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
I bought mine over the weekend and loved it. It's still as cool and cheesy as it was back then. Great extras on this disk. Anybody who loves b titles/cult films should pick this one up since it's only $10.
I talked to a bunch of my friends about the movie (which I thought they would hate it) and all of them considered it a classic. :) That made my day.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Damn it, I have C.H.U.D. too! What is wrong with me?
By the way, the commentary on CHUD is hilarious.
Todd.
------------------
"He'll flip you, flip you for real."

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I bought Killer Klowns hell yeah. Sweet flick and great disc for only 10 bucks. Plus my band is thinking about covering the theme song bye the dickies because it rules. Peace
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
I am also guilty of owning this fine art!
laugh.gif

But I love this movie, I remember seeing it when I was 4 (i'm young) and I've seen in about 100 times since, I swear. Most of the time when it was on the Si Fi channel.
I hope the sequel pans out, it'll be awsome!
------------------
Link Removed

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've never seen this "classic", but based mainly on this thread (and the $9.98 price tag) I snagged this at Best Buy tonight. I have to admit, the kicker was the tag line "In Space No One Can Eat Ice Cream"!!
I hold all of you responsible!
wink.gif

------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Craig,
HOLY CRUD!
I just bought this at Best Buy about 15 minutes ago!
Looks like we will work out as roomies on the cruise :)
------------------

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Ok, I just finished watching this movie. Having never seen it before, it's pretty terrible, but in a good way.
It is clever how they used the clown related items.
It is a fun movie, if you want to watch something bad.
The only other thing I watched was the trailer. I will watch the other things later on Wednesday.
------------------

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
The Easter eggs on here show up after you let the menu screen play through, I think 5 times. Not sure though. I walked out of the room for a sec after putting the disc in and came back to a menu screen that said "Easter Eggs" at the top.
Two options showed up:
"Klown Auditions" - very entertaining featurette.
The other is a brief clip where actor John Vernon says "killer clowns from outer space, holy smoke!" instead of "killer clowns from outer space, holy shit!" I guess it's from the TV version. It was pretty funny.
You can also find these on the Extra Features menu by highlighting on two of the pieces of popcorn to the right.
Just thought I'd share these discoveries I made. Nobody had mentioned them yet. :)
------------------
Horror AND non-horror fans unite!
jasvparbanner2.jpg

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oh yeah, are you kidding, I love this film! Seen it countless times in the eighties, and now on this great format! I especially love John Vernon as Chief Mooney "Well, what the god damn de do!" Classic!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks