What's new

OK, who bought the KILLER KLOWNS DVD? I know you're out there! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
What a treat this DVD is. Seriously. A clever and very colorful movie that looks better than it ever has and a slew of entertaining features.
And there are two easy-to-find easter eggs. Not bad for 11 bucks!
This one a special place on my 'cult' shelf, right between Krull and Battle Beyond the Stars.
Good job on this one, MGM!
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I did. Around 12 years ago, I literally watched this every day on cable. I was astonished at the number of copies at th' local Best Buy. Apparently MGM is really pushing this title...
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
I watched it twice last night....I need help
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill
My DVD Collection
[email protected]
My DVD, Home Theater page

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
I've got mine on the way. I've seen this a few times over the years. I just really dig the design work on this film. Very imaginative and colorful. It's very much a B movie, but it's definitely a lot of fun. Also I really don't like clowns, but I like 'bad' clowns a lot and this movies full of them!
Johnny B.
"They all float down here..."

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Still waiting for mine. Pre-ordered it several months ago...
--Anders
------------------
http://www.dvd1138.com/
Ob me Deus cavet
Link Removed

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I just got this from Adam Tyner's local Best Buy and this disc is everything everyone's said and more.
Did seem weird opening the box and seeing no chapter list, but I'm over it.
$10 well spent!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I got it - I've never seen it - but for $9.99 with good buzz, how could I go wrong?
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Plus, guys, if you send an unopened copy to the Chiodo Bros. (along with return package and postage) they will sign it and send it back.
www.chiodobros.com
I had the pleasure a few years ago of meeting with the Chiodos for a project I was working on. Visiting their studio was great!! If you think their designs look good on film, you should see them live. Watching their animatronics work in person is just incredible!
Plus, the stairway up to their offices does a hairpin turn halfway up. Just before you reach that interim landing, they have a lifesized monster that you can't see until you're almost on top of it. It's quite startling and very funny.
Buy a zillion copies and Ed, Charles, and Stephen can make a sequel!
[Edited last by Bob_L on September 02, 2001 at 03:29 PM]

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
They probably already signed a bunch of them and will swap the signed ones for an unopened copy to return or for the next signing.
Add me to the list of purchasers.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Drove to Best Buy specifically to purchase this. I only wish some studio movies could receive this level of special edition.
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why you have to send them an upopened copy?
Cause they want to make a Killer Klowns sequel, and to prove to MGM that it could work, they want as many people to buy the DVD as possible. That's why you have to send them a sealed copy to get signed.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Cause they want to make a Killer Klowns sequel, and to prove to MGM that it could work, they want as many people to buy the DVD as possible. That's why you have to send them a sealed copy to get signed.
I don't get the connection. What difference does it make?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
After I get back from the L.A. meet, I plan on buying it. I haven't even seen it yet, but with all the half way good things about it, i just had to purchase it!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I plan on getting this one too, just as soon as my Suspiria and Opera Limited Editions come in. I used to watch Killer Klowns on HBO all the time, and plus, it'd be a kick to see this DVD become successful enough to allow MGM to release a sequel nation-wide. :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I don't get the connection. What difference does it make?
Well if you were the head of MGM and the Chiodo brothers came up to you wanting to do to a sequel to their film that didn't sell well enough for you on DVD or VHS, would you allow them to do a sequel?
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

M

MaxY

Matthew,
Do you realize that the picture that you use makes you look like you are on a roller coaster and just about ready to barf? :) I think it has to do with the eyes looking down and the chairback behind you. You must have used a desktop video confrencing camera.
Oh Hell if it would help I would pre-order Killer Klowns II right now.
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!
[Edited last by MaxY on September 02, 2001 at 06:20 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks