What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

*** Official THE BOURNE SUPREMACY Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Gary Burdick

Stunt Coordinator
I was also near the back of the theater and could not follow the action due to the shaky camera. The worst was the fight in that guy's house who had the alarm. I missed 90% of the action due to the shaky camera. Really ruined a lot of the movie for me.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I was in the second row (SOLD OUT ALL NIGHT), and the action was tough to follow sometimes. But the film was great. Top-notch stuff, and worth the expectations.

Take care,
Chuck

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Went last night with my girlfriend and we loved it. She wasn't a huge fan of the 1st onefor dome unknown reason but liked this one a lot, I love both of them.

I had 3 problems with the film though. The fight scene with the spy whose house Bourne broke into would have been much better is the camera had been pulled back more, like Liman had it in the 1st movie when they filmed the fight in Bourne's apt.

Julia Stiles sucks, plain and simple. Has there ever been a more more mind boggling career. She can't act well at all, has about 3 emotions and faces, and a really shrill, irritating voice. Drags any movie she's in down a notch or 2, yet she keeps getting work. I don't get it.

The russian who killed Marie gets killed in a car wreck? That was a little dissapointing. I was looking for a pretty good fight scene between him and Bourne. Not a car accident.

Other than those 3 nitpicks, the movie was great. Easily on par with the 1st one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The shaky cam was intentional in that the director was going for a enveloping "you are there" feeling as Bourne and the other Treadstone agent fight inside the house. The use of it inside the cars during the chase scenes are also intentional, also to give the illusion of chaos and unpredictability (gritty, realism). I appreciate the intent, but it was almost as annoying as the crazy quick cuts by Tony Scott in "Man On Fire". Thankfully, I pretty much always sit in the back 1/3 of the theater, so the shaky camera footage wasn't as bad as it could have been had I been sitting in the front 1/3 of the theater.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

I think Bourne realized he would be dead in about a minute anyway so he just left him there. Let him suffer a longer death in pain than shortening it with a bullet.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
The whole movie is based around choice though, and Marie's last words were that he had a choice.

I think the movie is good, I give both movies combined a B+A-.

-ELmO:star:

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator

I found that I loved the script and HATED the direction. The shaky cam really ruined the movie for my wife and I. It was absolutely rediculous. You couldn't see the fight at all. The car chase was almost completely obscured.

Maybe it'll be better when it's on DVD. I was really looking forward to this movie, as I really enjoyed the Bourne Identity, but the shaky cam really wrecked it. I even sat in the back of the theater, and it was too much.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member

I thought it absolutely ruined the film. I made sure to note the director's name so that I can avoid any of his future messes. I had a free ticket from the DVD & I still feel ripped off.

-Dave

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I was also a bit annoyed by the shaky camera during the fight scenes, but it didn't ruin the film for me. I really enjoyed the film and thought it was about on par with Bourne Identity. I hope they make a third one...(there is a third book, after all...The Bourne Ultimatium.)

aldamon

Second Unit
This movie was a mess IMO. Super Spy Jason Bourne gets framed by a finger print on a bomb and Stooge Julia Stiles is the only one who knows that Bourne DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES?
. The entire movie is based on this ridiculous "misunderstanding." I thought the first 20 minutes were great and then it just fell apart. The kicker for me was assassin's death in the tunnel. Yeah, OK, that taxi which should have been obliterated at least 12 times is going to push an SUV into a guard rail with enough force to kill the other occupant. LOL. So much for side air bags on that $60000 SUV. GMAB.

:thumbsdown:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Aldamon,
It's an action movie which means reality in many situations has to be suspended, if you're going to enjoy such a film. Your displeasure with the film is just another example that even a film that is receiving plenty of positive feedback, isn't protected from critical comment from those that have a negative, but minority opinion about the film in question.

Crawdaddy

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Spoilers are unnecessary in the Discussion thread:

Uh, no, Brian Cox knows it as well. You seem to be forgetting that Bourne was a product of the Treadstone program, which has been shut down for years and classified with so much protection that Joan Allen has to go to Langley to get clearance and see the files. Cox and Stiles may be the only two people left in the agency who actually know something about Bourne.

M.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Didn't the guy that Bourne fought and killed in his home, state that they're the only two trained operatives left alive from the Treadstone program?

Crawdaddy

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, and as was pointed out, the lead man other then Cox was killed (by the other last remaining agent of Treadstone)

So, there were just four people left who knew anything about it.

I really liked this film, but yet another thumbs down for the shaky camera. It would've been so much better had the action been directed like the first one.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Really liked this film. Just posted my brief review in that thread.

Wanted a little more screen time for Bourne and Landy. It was great anticipating their scenes.

Best car chase ever? I say yes. :)

Has Brian Cox ever played a good guy?? :D I think he did a small good guy part in The Long Kiss Goodnight which in some ways is similar to the Bourne theme.

Looking forward to seeing this again. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks