What's new

***Official Halo 2 Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
It's the exact same way as if you are posting a pic in your thread.

Edit: I tried using the code in the thread to show you, but I can't figure out how to show the code without it trying to display a fake pic.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Now I'm way off topic: how does one generate a gamertag image? Is there a nifty tool/website, or do you all do it by hand?

Martin.

James T

Screenwriter
It's typically done by using photo/paint shop. There was a member a few years back that made the gamer tags for people. Just looking up at this page, I see Mark has one.

If you want something basic like that, just look on xbox.com and rip a pic off there and edit in your XBL name on the pic.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
James, It doesnt give me the option to upload anything. it just has a blank white box with a grayed out scroll bar on the right. where I would use the VB Text to create a link to the image. But the image is on my desktop not a website, So how do I link to a pic? Am I not allowed to unless the picture is hosted somewhere on the net?

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Heads up for you guys... Bungie's finally updated the playlists. Read more here.

Here's a quick overview of what has changed:

1. Two brand new playlists - "TEAM SLAYER" - You wanted it, now you've got it. All team slayer, all the time. This is a new ranked playlist so everyone will be able to battle their way to the top of the leaderboards all over again.

"RUMBLE TRAINING" - This is a new unranked playlist that shares the Rumble Pit playlists. The best part about this new playlist is that you can enter into it with guests and even as a party of up to 8 players.

2. Freshening Existing Playlists - The various gametypes and maps for the existing gametypes have been freshened up and the various weights have been adjusted to create more variety and take advantage of more of what's available. Foundation has also been added where applicable.

3. Big Team Battle - You can now enter this playlist with a party of up to 8 players. However, please note that entering into playlists witih large parties may result in longer wait times as the game tries to find another party of 8. We'll be monitoring this.

4. Major Clan Match - This playlist now supports parties as small as 5 and the team imbalance has been changed to 1. So, no more 6 vs. 8 matches.

5. Game Times - The match time limit for nearly every gametype has been extended to allow for more carnage.

6. Miscellaneous Tweaks - A number of other little things have been adjusted like removing the Banshee from the Head to Head matches on Ascension, removing the glitched "Sudden Death" from some Assault games that could cause the match to last forever and we even added a CTF variant featuring Wraiths and turrets on Coagulation.

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
I just realized that they had nuked my (and every one else's I'd assume) near-9 Rumble Pit skill level. :angry:

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator

Yes you need to have the image hosted somewhere. For example I use imagecave.com

cheers,

Zoran

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
On the ending, my view
Now they have to go someplace else to stop the multi-Halo trigger, MC is already on his way by hitching a ride with the COV., and meanwhile the AI girl has been left behind and is now CAPTURED by the monster thing, not actually betraying or faking betrayal.

Remember I think MC had to leave her behind in the system near the end, and then it appears that he just hitched a ride right after that.
The biggest problem was that the final boss didn't feel like a boss and there didn't seem to be a real escalation toward that boss with mini-bosses, the flood, whatever.

The gameplay and levels were cool, but the actual story was just poor and felt rushed.

My real interest remains with the Live stuff. BTW, sorry if I have missed messages or failed to join some games. I didn't realize, for example, who B1oodlust was till now (sorry Jean). I wish you could enter ALIASES for gametags so that you could easily remember who was who when trying to learn all these new names.

That way I could read "Chuck" or "Scott" rather than digging out my hand-written Live to HTF conversion list. :D

At least my name still has "Seth" in it. ;)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Thanks for the confirm Zoran :emoji_thumbsup:

Im excited about the new rules. especially how you can bring in other players on your box to some matches now. cause I was about to use a few 2 month free cards to get 2nd and 3rd players online for a little bit.

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
Evan,

JKThanks for the summary. Who/What is Gravemind? I can't believe I finished the game and still don't know this. I guess by the end I was just runnin' and gunnin'. It did look like a betrayal on Cortana's part. But didn't I just kill that thing she was with? Tantarus(sp)?

Evan M

Second Unit
No one was betrayed. Cortana had to be left on the surface to detonate something or another.. can't remember exactly. Then MC managed to stop the Halo from firing from the ring itself. However, he then chased the Prophet, who was headed to the Ark to activate all the rings manually... no time to stop for Cortana. Wasn't a personal thing.

At least that's how I understood it... could be wrong

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
is anyone else surprised that San Andreas won Video Game of the Year, over Halo 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks