What's new

Community: Season 6 (Yahoo!) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just wanted to add, now that Erin finally made it onto an episode of Community, does this leave Jeff B. Davis as the only regular/semi-recurring Harmontown personality to not have an appearance on the show?

Although I know Jeff does have a superstition about being on TV shows, because it kills them. I think there was a joke on Harmontown about "The Red Baron" being his nickname...because he's killed so many pilots. *rim shot*

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
fR1VJof.png

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
So that was it. That was the six seasons.

The finale felt totally of a piece with the rest of the show. Was delighted to see Shirley back. I think Britta and Frankie's versions of Season 7 made me laugh the hardest. The opening credits on Britta's version absolutely killed me. Also, the existential despair during the ending-tag was gloriously, gloriously Harmon (complete with voiceover).

I was kinda surprised that Britta wasn't there in the scene where Jeff saw Annie and Abed off, so we didn't get a moment just with the remaining original study-group members. I wonder how the Jeff/Annie-turn it takes in the third act will work for people -- I thought the actual scene was well-written, at least (complete with Harmonesque tangent about Marvel movies).

And it was funny that, of the five characters still remaining in Greendale, three got shows picked up, while none of the characters who left did. I feel like my heart has been directly connected to Dan Harmon's these past six years, whether he was directly involved with actually making the show or not. Now I have to sit quietly and try to figure out how the fuck I continue with my day. I feel like I just broke up with someone...

But that was it. That was Community. And it went to its finale as Community as it's really ever been.

Yeah, I'd totally watch the movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm a moron but when I went to watch the episode, I hadn't even considered that it would be the series finale so it was a shock to realize that that was it. I'm not betting on a movie but that was a great way to go out.

The end commercial was a homerun.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
joshEH said:
And it was funny that, of the five characters still remaining in Greendale, three got shows picked up, while none of the characters who left did.

Yvette Nicole Brown is secure on The Odd Couple so far as I've heard.

Donald Glover didn't leave to be on TV or in movies.

Chevy is Chevy.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Abed, isn't the shape of your brain kinda fucked-up?"

I know there's a lot of blanket-stackers and pillow-packers out there thinking it's gonna go down tonight. But there's a lot of us folks from the scene in between saying:

Hey.

At least it was here.

Also:

ANNIE WAS THE ASS-CRACK BANDIT ALL ALONG!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"How about there's a whole third black person?"

how%20about%20there's%20a%20whole%20third%20black%20person%3F

"Question: When can we start the next paintball game?"

"I don't think you can force it."

"LOTS of things can be forced...like a human head through a six-inch drainpipe."

So...Todd is fucking batshit crazy. War can break a man, I guess. And Justin Roiland as Mr. Ice-Cube Head(TM) caught me totally off-guard. It was almost like getting a full-fledged Meeseeks crossover on Community.

Could be imagining things, but it sounded like Harmon's voice cracked right as he said his final lines. This episode hit just about every note it needed to. What a series. Thank you for everything, Dan.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Dan Harmon: "The finale airs in a couple of hours. I'm gonna delete my Twitter app and take a couple weeks off the internet and no interviews and I love you"

Hopefully he simply doesn't want to deal with questions to which he doesn't yet have answers, like about a possible movie.

HUGE life-moment, huge change not just for Dan, but also for the people on working the show, and huge for us as well. Viewer reactions and numbers flooding in. Need to take a chill-pill/disconnect like you would after any large, transformative event.

Abed: "Oooohhh, NippleDippers.com is available!"

Elroy: "GRAB THAT MUTHER!!"

This morning, series writer/producer Alex Rubens tweeted that Harmon has indeed grabbed that muther, officially registering the real-life domain name through Sony Legal.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
A sad day to be sure...but, this was such a great, fun, and different show. I know there will come a day when I don't watch Community anymore, but I'm not going quietly into that good night. Heck, I'm sure I can watch just this season a few more times and then it's into the Blu Ray's for a while!

Annie WAS the ass-crack bandit! I KNEW it!!

But, who was Silver Ballz?

I have watched the Community board game commercial 3x now. DAMN that is funny!!! The depression of the players is epic, but that voiceover really sends the show off with style.

"By the way, I'm a lesbian. That's totally why I haven't hit on Jeff."

"It needs for it to be ok that it gets on a boat with LeVar Burton and never comes back."

• Dice not included,
  • Some assembly required.
  • Lines between perception, desire, and reality may become blurred, redundant, or interchangeable.
  • Characters may hook up with no regard for your emotional investment.
  • Some episodes too conceptual to be funny, some too funny to be immersive, and some so immersive they still aren't funny.
  • Consistency between seasons may vary.
  • Viewers may be measured by a secretive obsolete system based on selected participants keeping handwritten journals of what they watch.
  • Show may be cancelled and moved to the internet where it turns out tens of millions were watching the whole time.
  • May not matter.
  • Fake commercial may end with disclaimer gag which may descend into vain Chuck Lorresque rant by narcissistic creator.
  • Creator may be unstable.
  • Therapist may have told creator this is not how you make yourself a good person
  • Life may pass by while we ignore or mistreat those close to us.
  • Those close to us may be those watching.
  • Those people may want to know I love them but I may be incapable of saying it.
  • Contains pieces the size of a child's esophagus

Good night, Community! We love ya!

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Does anybody know how Community did or is doing on Yahoo? Any viewing numbers or ratings?

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Finally had time to watch the last episode.

What a glorious "fucking"...........finale?

I am going to miss this show.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Dan Harmon: "Yahoo Wanted to Do a Movie Immediately":

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/06/dan-harmon-community-movie

Yeah, same here, Dan -- I hope they let us miss Community just a little bit before bringing in a movie.

spshultz said:
Does anybody know how Community did or is doing on Yahoo? Any viewing numbers or ratings?

Yahoo hasn't released actual hard numbers yet, but Harmon has recently alluded several times on his podcast to the figures being way, way bigger than anything posted by NBC, and series sponsor Honda has reportedly been "ecstatic" with how things are going, though again, no numbers yet.

If nothing else, Joel McHale does have a great new gig lined up, at least:

http://www.comicbook.com/2015/06/03/x-files-casts-communitys-joel-mchale/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks