What's new

Community: Season 6 (Yahoo!) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
GcIglav.gif

Dear God, that was glorious.

Wow, Todd is kind of a badass. I guess he did serve in the military, which would probably explain a few things.

And holy crap, that Winter Soldier elevator-sequence. ("Winter SolDean"? "CapDean America"?)

"WHO IS SILVER...MAN??"
"My accountant? You know David?"

Huge laugh that they went with "Voice of Diedrich Bader," instead of "Voice of Kevin Conroy." Given the sensibilities of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, it doesn't surprise me that someone on the staff of Community is evidently a fan.

Also, MeowMeowBeenz!

KiLOvrG.png

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Voice of Diedrich Bader???!! Holy cow, this was a glorious week of references.

Dean America in the Elevator. Dean Force 1!

And, Highlander in the garage!

And, the tag was TOTAL Harmon. Just purely bizarre, weird stuff. "Okay, you guys don't have to be dicks."

As much as I loved it...I'm confused. Who was the silver ball man?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
My theory as to the identity of "Silverballz"?

Troy.

I mean, think about it. Who now has the money to fund such a huge underground event? Who would do it as a way to return to how things "used to be" at Greendale? They never revealed who it was, and if that IMDB spoiler is to be believed, we might be finding out next week.

(And great to see I wasn't the only one who thought that Schrab lit and staged that whole sequence almost exactly like the opening of Highlander, minus the swords and beheadings. ;) )

"I'd call him 'Silver Ghost', but that's probably already taken by an indie comic-book or a terrible tequila."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also:

"Listen, I'm so glad, Omar, that you're interested in paintball. Now, I have to tell you, no shooting in here -- the First Rule of Club Club is that we are not a fight club. The second rule, is that if you're a hot lady, YOU HAVE TO HAVE SEX WITH ME....and there's a bunch of rules and restrictions that we've just now been adding because of the lawsuits based on that second rule...which...I'm not allowed to call it a 'rule'; that was my screwup."

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
That was glorious! Brilliantly shot and staged, had me laughing all the way out loud!!!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Absolutely tremendous episode! Virtually every line was quotable, and every set piece was magnificent. Top 5.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I forgot Abed and Annie doing their best "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" as well as many Bond references.

You know what would have been an awesome cameo? Space Elder Britta. :lol:

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Finally got around to watching Modern Espionage and holy moly that was good.

There were so many references in that episode I am going to have to watch it

again. Simply fantastic! Damn I hope they run another season or two.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Finally had the chance to watch the new episode just now.

We'll chalk this up as a +1 for incest. Dear God, this season is so Harmon that it hurts.

"Annie and Britta told me to come over and get ready with them for Garrett's wedding...I didn't say 'no'. Who says 'no' to something like that? A cold, offputting, incompatible person. The kind of person who turns a sleepover into a...a stoning. I had...um...rocks thrown at me. BIBLICAL...igneous....jagged, hateful, pointy, ninja ROCKS. It's not gonna happen again."

This was definitely Community's version of an It's Always Sunny... episode. The study-group was completely and utterly The Gang, here. I'd totally make a joke right now about how Maureen McPoyle could never get admitted at Greendale, but then...Ruffles.

Can't believe probably the last Community episode ever is coming next week. But there's no way to ruin Keith David having this big of a blast, either ("...and this is going to sound racist, but white people are very discouraged").

The producers were totally doing Todd's work, here. Such an incredible episode.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"We have the same dragon...eventually, you will slay it, or train it, or dissolve in its stomach. Its name is 'Helping Others'."

Dear God, that "Celebrity/Garrett Marriage" game. And Britta's Aubrey Plaza-impression.

"...He's saying you go to the Hitler Well a lot."

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
TravisR said:
Elroy's addiction to encouraging white people was great. Not that Keith David is particularly hurting for work but I hope this role gets him some higher profile comedy work.
He's on CC's Big Time in Hollywood Florida at the moment as well.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Keith David is KILLING IT. Elroy as a White Person Enabler(TM) is his most socially-satirical and outright hilarious character yet, as far as I'm concerned.

original.jpg

Also, Chang smelling an olive:

cG36jKu.png

John Lee_275604 said:
And Garrett's incest spouse is so Harmon's new bride . . .

Also, that was Matt Gourley (who looks absolutely nothing like Briggs Hatton in real life) playing Briggs Hatton in the end-stinger, there.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Damn I busted a gut at the twist near the end! Didn't see that coming at all.

Boom! Garrett drops the mic!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just had to rewatch this one again.

This might be the best episode of the entire season. I actually went "YEAH!!!" when Garrett gave his speech at the end, and I felt great for Chang for totally Wingering a speech for once, and it was so fitting that it was for an incredibly fucked-up cause.

...This season, man. I can't recall the last time a show rebooted itself, shifted its entire tone, and not only came out better for it, but worlds better (in this case, with Harmon's post-Season 4 return). The Wire? David Mirkin Simpsons, maybe?

Other amazing moments, and assorted thoughts:

- #SixSeasonsAndAnElroySpinoff

- "Don't let Garrett keep you from painting."

- "...They were letting me finish, sir."

- "My accountant has black fingernails!"

- "God, I love my job. Wait...this isn't my job. God, I love MYSELF."

- Garrett's line about being sweaty, nervous, and short of breath...and THEN he met Stacy.

- The faux-Dan Harmon in the writer's room, looking like a troglodyte Fidel Castro.

- The "Yahoo!" logo displayed incredibly prominently behind Matt Gourley during the whole pro-incest speech.

- Garrett's older brother, Bones. (I loved how easily Chang got him to calm down.)

- Britta cleaning out the litter box off in the background, momentarily broken and unable to abide the filth.

- According to sources, Danny Pudi was off shooting his new series pilot up in Vancouver during the production of this episode (which was written around this).

- Would it be weird to...ummmm....crop out Annie's "missing lover" footage, put on some noir-y jazz, and watch it on difficult nights over some absinthe? Know what? I DON'T CARE.

ColorlessAffectionateHarpyeagle.gif

- Jeff's amazement at Garrett's proposal-success was more like watching the cosmic scales shift in someone's eyes. He did not expect that to happen.

And, finally, this:

"They've already been sent footage of my classroom, and have declared me 'no worse than the teachers who work hard'."

(beat)

"...OK, then, people! Yesterday, I wrote the word 'LAW' on the board. This time, don't erase it, and maybe we'll get even further tomorrow."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks