What's new

Nfl on Fox (1 Viewer)

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Is it just me or does anybody else find the graphics on the Fox NFL broadcasts EXTREMELY annoying this year. First off there is a big banner across the top of the screen instead of a tiny box, much like the NASCAR races. (Which I also hate).Then, every time something in this banner changes, it is accompanied by a flash and annoying sound of some sort. This happens in the middle of every play!! They make the broadcast look like a video game. I wrote Fox an e-mail, but it was unanswered. Anybody have an idea of who we can complain too! It drives me crazy.

Mark

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Same here. I hate it, to the point I've not watched a Fox game yet this year. :thumbsdown:

I'm nostalgic for the good old days when the football field was graphics free and we didn't have to cater to the lowest common denominator of attention-deficient viewers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The graphics don't bother me as much as the blurry view when they show the teams at the line of scrimmage right before the snap of the football. The other closer-up views look okay, but not the actual game shot.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I'm nostalgic for the good old days when the football field was graphics free and we didn't have to cater to the lowest common denominator of attention-deficient viewers.
Yeah! I hate it when I can always know the score, time, quarter, down and yardage! In addition it sucks when you know the quarterbacks, rb's, wr's and defences in game stats!

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I don't like the new Fox graphics either. With all the flashing and sounds updates seem to come a lot slower. The down and yardage to go appear a lot less.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Yeah! I hate it when I can always know the score, time, quarter, down and yardage!
I'm not suggesting get rid of the graphics, but make them unobtrusive as they do on the other networks. Get rid of the sound effects and the "NFL on Fox" in the upper right corner. Sometimes the words "NFL on Fox" is on the screen in 2 or 3 different places. What was wrong with the box in the corner that has score, down, and game clock? Why do we need the team logos? Why does it have to go across the whole top of the screen? Why does it have to flash and make a sound everytime it changes? Like I said, makes it look like a video game.

Mark

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Actually, I think Fox has done a nice job overhauling their graphics this year. I like the modifications to the top bar... granted, the sound can be a little annoying. It continues their tradition of innovating the way you watch the games.

As far as the fuzzy picture when over the center of the field, that's would be the Skycam... which obviously is not a very high resolution camera.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
My beef about graphics, this is Fox and CBS, is when they decide to put the crawl/info at the bottom of the screen for the current games being played and crunch the screen, during a critical play that is being played on the game you are watching.

They should reserve the crawl to timeouts or when there is a lull in the game or change of possession.

Paul

Galen_V

Second Unit
While I don't mind the team logos, I do actually think the flashing thing is a bit excessive after the first quarter. I can understand using it for first downs or 4th down, but not for every play. I am not a big fan of the bar across the top either, but at least FOX could follow CBS's lead and put the scores of the other games in the top right corner. My only fear is that one day the games will start to look like Bloomberg.

Speaking of music, am I the only one that does not like the new CBS theme? It really does not work for a football broadcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks