Nfl on Fox

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mark_B, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Mark_B

Mark_B Second Unit

Mark
    Is it just me or does anybody else find the graphics on the Fox NFL broadcasts EXTREMELY annoying this year. First off there is a big banner across the top of the screen instead of a tiny box, much like the NASCAR races. (Which I also hate).Then, every time something in this banner changes, it is accompanied by a flash and annoying sound of some sort. This happens in the middle of every play!! They make the broadcast look like a video game. I wrote Fox an e-mail, but it was unanswered. Anybody have an idea of who we can complain too! It drives me crazy.

Mark

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Same here. I hate it, to the point I've not watched a Fox game yet this year. [​IMG]

I'm nostalgic for the good old days when the football field was graphics free and we didn't have to cater to the lowest common denominator of attention-deficient viewers.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The graphics don't bother me as much as the blurry view when they show the teams at the line of scrimmage right before the snap of the football. The other closer-up views look okay, but not the actual game shot.

4. Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez Second Unit

5. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

I don't like the new Fox graphics either. With all the flashing and sounds updates seem to come a lot slower. The down and yardage to go appear a lot less.

6. Mark_B

Mark_B Second Unit

Mark

7. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Actually, I think Fox has done a nice job overhauling their graphics this year. I like the modifications to the top bar... granted, the sound can be a little annoying. It continues their tradition of innovating the way you watch the games.

As far as the fuzzy picture when over the center of the field, that's would be the Skycam... which obviously is not a very high resolution camera.

8. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

My beef about graphics, this is Fox and CBS, is when they decide to put the crawl/info at the bottom of the screen for the current games being played and crunch the screen, during a critical play that is being played on the game you are watching.

They should reserve the crawl to timeouts or when there is a lull in the game or change of possession.

Paul

9. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

10. Galen_V

Galen_V Second Unit

While I don't mind the team logos, I do actually think the flashing thing is a bit excessive after the first quarter. I can understand using it for first downs or 4th down, but not for every play. I am not a big fan of the bar across the top either, but at least FOX could follow CBS's lead and put the scores of the other games in the top right corner. My only fear is that one day the games will start to look like Bloomberg.

Speaking of music, am I the only one that does not like the new CBS theme? It really does not work for a football broadcast.

11. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

The way things are going, Fox's football games are going to look like CNN Headline News.

12. Martino

Martino Supporting Actor

Martin O.
    I'm waiting for the glowing football, like they tried and failed with in their hockey coverage...