What's new

News Radio: 5/24/2005 (1 Viewer)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I cannot wait. The wait has been long and painful. Tuesday will be expensive for me.

On a side note, is anyone else as disgusted as I am with the cover art? It makes the show look cheap and cheesey. I am going to be making some custom covers for this set with the menu shots. The menu shots should have been the cover anyway.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I can't wait till mine ships. I haven't seen an episode of this great series since A&E stopped airing it a couple years back. Hartman and Stephen Root are both great character actors and were the best characters on the show, IMO. Can't wait!

DavidBC

Second Unit
This is my most anxiously awaited tv release since Freaks and Geeks! It will finally be mine, and I love seeing that the cast and crew really love it too!

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
From the first day that I bought my first DVD player, I have been hoping this would come to disc. And here we are, less than a week from its release.
It's so mine.
I wonder if the Julie Bean in the commentary (apparently a producer on the show) will be on the commentary for "No, This Isn't Based Entirely on Julie's Life"
And I'd recommend this show to just about anyone. For the record, my other favorite shows are "Arrested Development," "Freaks and Geeks," "The Office," "Coupling," and "Mad About You."
And if any fans haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend the extremely well-done NewsRadio and the Comedic Art.
TUESDAY!!!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Oh boy, am I looking forward to this. To the best of my knowledge, the show only aired once in the UK, and hasn't been syndicated on any of our satellite channels, so we Brits have had more of a New Radio deprivation than even you guys have had.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Two pieces of good news today:

-- Amazon shipped my order yesterday! I'm guessing it will arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

-- There's a short review in the new Entertainment Weekly. Grade: A

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I can tell you guys that the commentary tracks are GOLD! I've been listening to them over the past few days and they are filled with jokes, insights, and trivia on the show. I think my favorite so far was "The Crisis" with Warren Littlefield. It's always great to hear network people on commentary tracks because they often have a completely different view of a show.

Gord

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Give us more, Gord! I went to tvshowsondvd.com but didn't see a link to your review ... must be a Web browser malfunction ;)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
yep, just picked up my copy as well. Unfortunately i still have to make it through another 4 hours of work before I can watch any of it.

I was a bit surprised that the 3 discs only come in 2 cases. I don't really care but it does make it seem kind of cheap. Actually the entire packaging seems cheap. Which doesn't really bother me since I finally have the shows to watch, it just surprises me since they delayed the release by a year because the creator wanted to make it something special. I can't wait to listen to the commentary tracks and I hope they're great, but I can already pretty much guarantee that (for me) they won't be worth the extra year I had to wait to get this set.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
^^
Yeah, the packaging is bad. I am working on some artwork featuring the images that make up the menus. Everything is just bad on the packaging.

It also bothered me that my Best Buy did not even have it out with the new releases. I had to dig through their endless TV show section to find it. For a set that needs all the sales it can get for the next sets to appear, I was hoping that it would be out in plain sight for those who had no idea it was coming out to find.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I got it at Target (which just opened up right next to where i work), and they did have it on an endcap with a bunch of other TV releases, but they only had 3 or 4 copies of Newsradio out and a whole shelf of Chapelle season 2. It was $32.99 but worth not having to drive to best buy after work to save a few bucks.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The video quality isn't as bad as some sets...but it's not excellent. I'd say 7/10.

Sony must hate giving their discs room to breathe. 23 episodes of Dawson's Creek on 4 discs...27 episodes of NewsRadio on 3 discs... I just got done watching "The Job" which was 19 episodes on 4 DVDs.

I've said this before, but the commentaries on this set are GOLD. Gold, gold, gold! I'll have to think about it a bit more, but I think these may be the best commentaries I've heard.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks