What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

New MRS. DOUBTFIRE edition (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Now if we could get TRUE LIES, AMERICAN PRESIDENT, DAYS OF THUNDER and ARMAGEDDON re-released in anamorphic.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John*P

Second Unit
Great news! I'm glad I didn't end up buying the version they just re-released in time for Christmas. (was very close to doing so) It's nice to see they're carrying the extras from the first release over to the new one.

Definitely getting this...

James L White

Supporting Actor
Looks like it's canceled, no longer up at site like Amazon, DD and DVD empire is now showing it as a pre announce with no date :angry:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

THIS IS UNF@CKING BELIEVABLE!!!!

What kind of MORONS are running things at FOX!!!!!!!

Frickin' A$$h@le$!!!!!! :angry:

When I saw this thread resurfaced, I thought maybe someone already had it and was giving a review.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Well, I wouldn't word it quite that strongly, but similar expression have certainly run though my mind. :)

Damn shame, hopefully a new date will surface soon.

Luckily, "Big" and "That Thing You Do" still seem to be on track at the moment. These two had been delayed numerous times as well. What's going on, Fox??

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
That's a shame. I was psyched about finally owning this one. As I said, I never got around to getting the non-anamorphic version so this was indeed something I was looking forward to. Hopefully it's not written off completely. This movie deserves a re-release.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I saw three copies of this for sale at a store near me.

It was definitely the 'Behind the Seams" Edition (2-disc).

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Wait, so this is out afterall?

Or is Doubtfire pulling another Scrooged Yule Love it vanishing act?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Not officially. But apparently it was only yanked at the last minute, since some stores have it. A damn shame, this is one double-dip I was really looking forward to. :frowning:

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
I dont get why they would put all that work into it, like with Scrooged (different company I know) and then not full release it.

Hopefully it comes out at mass retail eventually. I skipped the standard one waiting for this, much like I have for many other movies like Dick Tracy, True Lies, Beetlejuice, etc. :frowning:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
TRUE LIES??? Did they finally release an anamorphic version of that title?

Mike, What store for Mrs Doubtfire?

Seems the aborted release was in fact anamorphic. Anyone know why they pulled it after it alredy hit some stores?

jeff strickler

Stunt Coordinator
So what exactly is on this new DOUBTFIRE? I've heard the Columbus commentary track was dropped, but did the Williams one make it? And new features?

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Ok, so like any updates, what the hell is happening with this? I don't get this, every time I'm looking forward to a SE re-release DVD these days, its ready to hit and then gets pulled. Scrooged, vanished into thin air. X3 SE, well I dunno whats up with that. And now this.

MTRodaba2468

Agent
Real Name
Matt Rodabaugh

Well, maybe I can order it at the FYE I work at, if they have had it in stock. There's a chance that there will be one in the warehouse they can ship to my store. :)

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
My local FYE has this disc, but the packaging doesn't say it is anamorphic widescreen. Is it? If so, I want to buy it, but if not...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks