What's new

New Adventures of Superman: Filmation - Any News? (1 Viewer)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I am curious if anyone has any info on the New Adventures of Superman, the animated series from Filmation. Some info here .

I used to watch it all the time as a kid. With Warner's big Year of Superman, I thought maybe we'd see it since we are seeing so much else getting released this year, I was hoping it would be on the list. Does anybody know who actually owns the Filmation Superman cartoons?

Thanks for any info!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I'm thinking Warner has access to the Filmation cartoons, since during the 1980's there were VHS releases of some of the Filmation segments. One of them I clearly remember was a 60-minute compilation of Superman segments, and they also did a VHS compilation of Superboy segments as well. So they may have the rights to all of the Filmation segments - clarifications, anyone?

For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing the 1980's Ruby-Spears animated Superman series released on DVD in a complete set. They only did 13 segments of that series, with a main Superman segment and a Smallville-based "young Superman" segment afterwards. It was cool because they incorporated a number of elements from different incarnations, including John Williams' main title theme from the first film.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I had one of those VHS Superman tapes when I was a kid. Actually, I rented it from our local mom-and-pop video store so frequently that the guy finally just gave it to me!! What a guy. :) I have the complete set of Superman cartoons, but it is, umm, unauthorized and appears to be sourced from broadcasts in the last couple years. I would love to get a real set from WB or whomever owns it.

I have loved Superman since I was old enough to watch movies/tv. With this being the "Year of Superman," I will have plenty to watch, but it would be great to get an official release of these cartoons!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Count me in on the 80's Ruby-Spears cartoons. I have them on vhs. But, the quality is ehh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks