What's new

NetFlix (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Well, just wanted to mention that NetFlix has posted that they are among the top two in customer satisfaction (after Amazon). Having read a few feedback posts, I thought this might be of interest.
------------------
SAM

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I would guess that is because everyone that was unhappy with them have already dropped them. Or maybe because they filter all complaints to be automatically deleted because they certainly didn't respond to any of my complaints.
--adrian
------------------

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Their customer service department has handled all my complaints and problems in a timely and courteous fashion... which is about the only good thing I can say about this company. I tried them for a month and then went with their main rival, rentmydvd. I canceled my account with Netflix on Saturday (5/26), during the holiday weekend. You can't cancel through their website, you have to call them... (oddly enough when I told their operator the reason I was leaving she actually said "You should be much happier, they have 2 warehouses") So I canceled and thought that that was the end of the story. But of course, it wasn't. They apparently took down the info, said everything was taken care of and then waited until Tuesday afternoon (5/29) to cancel my account... which is about 3 hours after they charged my card for June. They were nice about the flub and did refund my money... but it took 5 days to happen.
Netflix's service ,quite bluntly, sucks unless you live near their one and only warehouse in CA. Rentmydvd at least has 2 warehouses with plans for 10 more in the next year, with several coming online soon. Thankfully one of them will be in Dallas, only about 6 hours away from where I live in OK.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I'm fairly happy with RentMyDVD since joining after leaving Netflix. I just wish they would put a warehouse in Atlanta. (Orlando would be better for me, but what's the chances of that! At least Atlanta is only 2 days by first class mail.)
I just hope they don't expand too quickly and put themselves out of business.
My one complaint is that they don't have some DVDs that were released recently, including Zardoz and Candy. I really don't care about big releases, because I can get them locally at many rental stores, but releases like these are the ones I want because you can't find them at local stores!
--adrian
------------------

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
> I just wish they would put a warehouse in Atlanta.
The next wave of warehouses should be:
Atlanta
Chicago
Dallas
Los Angeles
Followed by:
Washington, D.C.
Philadelphia
Boston
and lastly:
Denver
Houston
Miami
San Diego
Seattle
...at least according to their website. Their plan is to have 1-2 day availability across the U.S.

Stephen C

Grip
I just quit Netflix as well, and I've been with them since the beginning. Turnaround seemed to be getting longer and longer. Marking a DVD "delayed" didn't help much at all.
It very frustrating to pound through about four screens, completing info here and there in my attempt to quit, only to reach a final screen telling me I had to call their 800 number. Argh -- and what really made it infuriating was having to go into their queue at their call center because they didn't staff it appropriately.

ChrisR

Stunt Coordinator
I just quit netflix today and joined rentmydvd.com. I hope they are better. I'm sick of waiting 4-5 months for most new titles.
The status for every movie on my list at netflix was long wait. (big surprise). I put the same movies on my list at rentmydvd and they are all in except for one.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Before they add any more Northeast or California locations, they should do the rest of the new ones they mention.
I hope they check this site as I think the order of new locations should be:
Atlanta
Dallas
Chicago
Denver
Then:
Houston
Miami
Seattle
Then finally:
Los Angeles
San Diego
Boston
Philadelphia
Washington, DC
Also, how do they handle it if the closest location is out of your title. Does it/will it, search by the next closest first and keep moving out or just search all locations and send you any or just wait until it's back at your location?
Thanks,
John C.
------------------
Qui-Gon John

Brian Alan

Agent
I have also been less than thrilled with Netflix also. In fairness to Rentmydvd, Netflix does not have Zardoz or Hidden Fortress available to rent, and their response to my email about that was essentially, yeah, that's right, we don't, maybe someday, thanks.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yea Brian, Netflix also does not have Enemy Mine available and I got very little response fromthem too. I'm switching to RentmyDVD just before my current month expires in Netflix, might as well get my money's worht out of this month.
------------------
Qui-Gon John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks