1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need your guys opinion once again LOL!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by robc1976, Jul 3, 2011.

1. robc1976

robc1976 Member

I recentlt went from bipoles to direct firing RB-61IIand I personaly like the sound better and wanted your guys opinions on the 2 placement options. They are 2 feet above MLP and currently about 2 Ft behind MLP directly across from one another. I was wondering if Figure #2 was a better option...I was going to put them on a shelf but angle at the rear of MLP as seen in the diagram. In there current position they do sound pretty good...just wondering if figure #2 would improve. Thanks for your input/opinions. Figure #1 (current position) [​IMG] Figure #2 (angled) [​IMG]

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    Figure 1 is how they should be "technically". Figure 2 has them too far behind you.

3. robc1976

robc1976 Member

I comp[rimised with figure 2 angle and figure 1 distance...sounds much better!!

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    Cool. I'm curious what bipoles you had and where you had them mounted? I went from direct speakers to bipoles, and I love the bipoles. I doubt I'd ever go back to direct speakers for surrounds.

5. robc1976

robc1976 Member

I tried these positions as well as many others and I much prefer the direct firing. [​IMG] [​IMG] I had these bipoles: http://www.klipsch.com/rs-52-ii-surround-speaker