Need your guys opinion once again LOL!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by robc1976, Jul 3, 2011.

1. robc1976

robc1976 Auditioning

I recentlt went from bipoles to direct firing RB-61IIand I personaly like the sound better and wanted your guys opinions on the 2 placement options. They are 2 feet above MLP and currently about 2 Ft behind MLP directly across from one another. I was wondering if Figure #2 was a better option...I was going to put them on a shelf but angle at the rear of MLP as seen in the diagram. In there current position they do sound pretty good...just wondering if figure #2 would improve. Thanks for your input/opinions. Figure #1 (current position) [​IMG] Figure #2 (angled) [​IMG]

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Figure 1 is how they should be "technically". Figure 2 has them too far behind you.

3. robc1976

robc1976 Auditioning

I comp[rimised with figure 2 angle and figure 1 distance...sounds much better!!

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Cool. I'm curious what bipoles you had and where you had them mounted? I went from direct speakers to bipoles, and I love the bipoles. I doubt I'd ever go back to direct speakers for surrounds.

5. robc1976

robc1976 Auditioning

I tried these positions as well as many others and I much prefer the direct firing. [​IMG] [​IMG] I had these bipoles: http://www.klipsch.com/rs-52-ii-surround-speaker