What's new

Mylar Swapmeet (err, Swapthread) (1 Viewer)

Man! you cleaned up on that auction! 70! My wife would kill me! I already have too many posters. How easy is it to change out the mylars?

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
David,

Did'nt have time been busy working on refinishing a gum machine.

Scott,
In theroy according to Davids palns /idea it seems like it is pretty easy to change them out.

Talk to ya,
Ed

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
She doesn't know yet. But it ain't like I spent a full $1 each or anything :)

I'll probably sell some of them off, or hold on to them and do it later. They don't take up any space.

Changing them is real easy. Open the hinged door on the side, slide one out and slide one in. Probably take 30 seconds

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Update:

I am curently in the process of making a affordable movie mylar box for resale. The goal is to make metal ones and offer them cheaper than other sellers. Now I am done with the drawing stage. I have talked to a sign company for some tips as well as graphics and now I am going to make a wood proto type starting tomorrow so all the vendors I deal with can understand the concept of what I am doing. I have a friend who owns a machine shop.

Now for some ironic news.....

I told my parents about this project that I am working on with my friend Steve and my mother said "you know who you should talk to is Uncle Bob (it's actually my great uncle)"
It turns out he used to make something similar for professional photographers. He only did this as a side job (like I want to) and as a matter of fact he actually tried to get my brother to take over his small business a few years ago. I can't beleive it now I have another person to help out. I forgot to mention I have also talk to another friend who is an electrician.

As some of you know...I just started collecting medium sized mylars. Now this of course will be the size of the proto type. Because it is the in between size and might give you guys a good prospective of how it will look no matter what size you want.

Having said that on a whim I bought some cheap mini/small mylars ($5 including shipping)and thought I might make a small one also.

WOW was I surprised when I got them today ...
Why bother with collecting/ displaying this size?

Hey everybody is their own person, but I just may have to trade/ sell these off when I am done with this project.

Well I'll keep you guys posted !

Signed
Ed

Tom Reasor

Auditioning
Everyone,

Sometime this weekend I will update this board with a lot of things I've been working on. I'm sorry I haven't been here, but I was away all of last week and sick this week. I would be more than happy to configure the boards over there.

I've got some news on mediums and possibly some information on some Dolby, DTS, etc mylars.

Stay tuned!

Tom
moviemylars.com

Tom Reasor

Auditioning
David,

Please don't think I've forgotten about you. I will be e-mailing you this weekend. Glenise - keep your eyes on the mailbox.

Tom

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I know what a week of vacation can do to your life, and being sick for a week after that can only make it worse ;-)

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Ed,

Let me know if you do have any for sale and/or trade. I saw your site from another post and love the box you built. I have a movie theme Living Room/HT and one would go perfect in there.

Mark

Tom Reasor

Auditioning
Everyone,

I've started the update on the forums. Just a quick question, what kind of coupon would everyone most like for the site? Also, I've found that medium mylars will not be a problem at all.

David, please check your PM.

Tom

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Mark,
Just to let you know David Broome is the one who helped me make my mylar box via emails. David does sell them or seeing as your only 5 minutes away you can come by and look at mine. I can even pass along the help that David gave me.You can send me an email if you'd like or even PM here.

David,
Did you read the update what I wrote on the mylar swapmeet thread near the bottom of the 1st page. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=165035 and please read the thread I put up yestarday about "opening night was a succsess..." http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...readid=165035. Btw in my pictures, the boy on the left end of the couch is the son of my friend who owns the machine shop. I got busy and literally had just finished the mylar box on Saturday morning (2nd coat or paint). It was the first time my friend Steve saw the box but hopefully this week I will be able to get to his shop to make my metal proto-type. I also am going to send you a PM

Tom wrote
I've started the update on the forums. Just a quick question, what kind of coupon would everyone most like for the site? Also, I've found that medium mylars will not be a problem at all.
Count me in I'd love to get some on dolby or dts mylars. I think something like 90% off would be great...LOL. Awesome...Need more mediums..Need More Mediums.(robot voice)

Signed
Ed

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ed, I did read both threads and just haven't had a chance to reply yet. Several of our web/media servers have gone flakey and I have been working no-stop for the past 2 weeks (or at least it seems like it) to get it right.

Your box looks great! I'm glad to know your opening night was a success as well. You picked a great movie for it and I know everyone enjoyed themselves. Let me know how that metal box goes, as I am eager to see that!

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Ed,

I sent David an e-mail about grabbing one of those light boxes. I inquired about getting one like yours. I like the "now playing" w/the Mylar. I asked him about making a "coming soon" lightbox.

Tom Reasor

Auditioning
Everyone,

I'm beginning to think that I might need to start my own thread here. I've got a coupon for those like them. "hometheater" is the coupon code and is good for $10 off a $20 order. We will see how this goes, and I can adjust as necessary. Who knows, maybe I will have a big day after Thanksgiving sale with prices good for one day only.

Tom
moviemylars.com

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Yea Tom's The Man !

Cool.. The day after thanksgiving sale sounds great!
Is it only a few hours long like the department stores do ...LOL

You know what mean.."dvd player for 40cbucks today only from 6am -9am" ...LOL.

$10 off a order over $20 So that's like 50% off sounds awesome . I knew you wouldn't go for the 90%off deal...Ha Ha Ha.

Hey have you come up with a price for the mediums yet, and will the availability be the same as the large and small.

Thanks
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks