What's new

My 50" TV deal from Target. $250! (1 Viewer)

mccabestheater

Auditioning
Real Name
Erin
Okay guys, I've said this before but I'll just reiterate that I am NOT an audio/visual expert. I don't know much about TVs but I do know a good deal when I see one! I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and saw a 50 inch TV on clearance for $249. It was originally $600 so I checked the reviews from my phone just to make sure it wasn't total trash. The reviews weren't GREAT but hey, $250 for a 50 inch TV? I'll take it! Anyway, I just hooked it up at the store and watched a couple of movies. I was actually impressed! It's Target's house-brand, Westinghouse, so I wasn't expecting this superb picture and amazing sound but it's good enough for me. The picture is fairly sharp but I'm sure once I hook up my HDMI cable it will look even better. I know you a/v pros might not be impressed with my deal considering it's a cheap Target brand but I'm still pretty proud of my "cheap find!" The guy at Target also mentioned that if they mark their TVs down 15% and they don't sell after 2 weeks then they'll mark them down 30%. So, if you're shopping around then definitely check Target. Right now I know they have 60 inch TVS for pretty cheap. Once again, probably not the top of the line brand but I'm not picky. I just wanted to share that info for y'all in case anyone was looking for a good deal on a TV!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Great deal. If you like it, that's all that matters. Westinghouse is not a Target house brand. A lot of stores sell Westinghouse. Not to pop your balloon, but more for your info, Westinghouse flat panel TV's are literally at the very bottom of the reliability list of TV's. I was reading Consumer Reports a couple weeks ago at the library and saw that. But at $250 it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks