What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Movies you liked but everyone else hated (1 Viewer)

JohnVB

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, 'nough with the negativism with "movies you hated, actors you hate to see, series that got worse" stuff. Let's talk about stuff you liked instead.

In particular mention a movie you liked that everybody else seemed to dislike, and explain why.

For me I liked Matrix: Revolutions.

I like this movie because much of what is going on is not fully explained. I like that it makes me think. I also liked the themes that were somewhat explored. I liked the other Matrix movies as well, but this is the one that most people hated.

I like it even more now that I've gotten the DVD and watched it a few more times. The ending of Revolutions makes it clear to me that the Matrix movies are a story about the Oracle, but as seen through the eyes of others.

The way the story resovles makes sense to me. The machines are too powerful for humans to defeat, so for the war to end, either the humans get wiped out or a bargain must be made. The Oracle nicely manipulates events so that such a bargain is possible. I think this is the part that drove most people nuts. They didn't like the way it ended.

Now what I wanna know is "what has the Oracle seen in the future that has her scared and wanting human cooperation?" I wonder if sequel movie(s) have already been conceived, or if it's just left open for now.

- bones

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Van Helsing!! Loved it. Seen it 3 times already!! Can't wait for the DVD!! Release date could be October 12, 2004. (Not official until its announced.)

October 12th is also Hugh Jackman's birthday, so that's kinda cool.

Got this info from comingsoon.net

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
waterworld

i thought it was just lots of good fun, and just about everyone laughs when i say i liked this film

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm with Evelio and "Van Helsing." Saw it for the second time this past weekend and liked it even better than the first time. :)

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
The Lost World: Jurassic Park

I know most people can't stand it, and it's certainly not in the same league as the first. But, I like it enough. My only real problem with it is was Jeff Goldblum. He may have been playing the same character in name, but he was an entirely different Ian Malcom. It may have been intentional, or did he just flub it because he didn't want to be there? (a la Harrison Ford in ROTJ)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if people here will hate these movies or not, you all seem to like alot of different stuff here....

My friends and family and others around me hate all these movies that I LOVE!

The Big Blue (my father in law teases me that I love this one so much. " Why the hell would he choose a fish over a woman?")

Desperately Seeking Susan/Who's That Girl (no Madonna fans here other than me)

Night of the Living Dead *original* ( my mother doesn't understand my fascination with this movie. Pretty much all the slasher/horror/zombie movies get this reaction)

Samantha (I always get " How can you watch that movie as much as you do?" )

The Trigger Effect ( No one here seems to get that film)

Red Rock West (other than my friend, everyone here thinks this movie is bizarr)

High Fideltity ( again they all think it's dumb)

there are tons more , but I can't think of them all now.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Matinee -- I adore this movie. It's absolutely nostalgic, and not necessarily for me as its timeframe predates me. But, it's nostalgic for a time when movies were so special, and so good, before I grew up and became too cynical. I prefer the innocence of this film where even the bad movies were good simply because they were movies.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Great movie...I loved this too. I don't think it's so much a movie everyone else hated, as much as a movie that just simply didn't come across many people's radar screen.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Cabin Boy and Hudson Hawk are in my collection. And both get watched far more frequently than Seven Samurai.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Armageddon
Chill Factor
Halloween 3
Pay It Forward
Radio
Speed 2
We Were Soldiers
XXX

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
What Planet Are You From? (1999) Box office dud, but still makes me laugh and grin nearly all the way through.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Gremlins 2
Beloved
Crash - Cronenberg
HavPlenty
Dune
Star Trek V
The Avengers
Lethal Weapon 3 & 4
Fried Green Tomatos
RoboCop 2
Star Trek III
Fatal Beauty -Whoopi
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Burglar
I like old Whoopi Flicks - I know how to mistreat a house guest

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
In my circle, it's Election that I love and everyone else hates, except for one person.

Others would be

Big Lebowski (not hate for it, just bewiliderment as to why I like it)

Solaris (Soderbergh version)(two friends saw it and they both hated it.)

I'm sure there are others.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ones that most hate that I enjoy:

The Postman (sure, if you trimmed out about 30 minutes, it'd be a much better film, but I like the concept a good deal)

Hudson Hawk (funnier then I think it gets credit for)

Back to the Beach - this film gets bashed by all my friends, but I always thought it was one of the best goofball comedies :)

Attack of the Clones - Still love the flick a good deal, and consider it my second favorite of all the SW (behind Empire)

CoreyII

Second Unit
For me, it would also be Waterworld, a film that undeservedly got bashed. I'll also put in a bid for Lake Placid which was released right around the same time the Deep Blue Sea came out and was a better flick.

I always tell people if you liked Tremors you'll like Lake Placid.

Other flicks would be the Hulk and the Matrix Reloaded.

One that I like is a "chick flick", and I get slammed for that. Steel Magnolias. Tom Skerrit and Shirley McLaine are hilarious. "Yeah, he's a real gentleman. He probably takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks