What's new

More from Anchor Bay in 2005 (1 Viewer)

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Don't expect it from Anchor Bay in region 1. Republic has the rights to it in U.S. - now it's Lions Gate, soon it's Paramount, but not Anchor Bay.

Ken New

Agent
I've lost track - is it Anchor Bay or Miramax that's supposed to have the rights to the Samuel Bronston epics (El Cid, Fall of the Roman Empire, 55 Days at Peking etc.)?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Anchor Bay has posted on their site that Mischief is being released on April 5 in only an anamorphic widescreen transfer (no open matte version). Retail is $15. I'll still get it, especially at that price.
-

walter o

Supporting Actor
Dang it! I noticed Fox is releasing both versions on their recent DVD releases, so I sorta wish Fox put this one out instead of AB!!!! I am sorry, I love Kelly too much, I am defiently glad I still have my old LD and VHS of this title!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Fox might release it in the future. Like Buena Vista (e.g., The Black Hole, Something Wicked..., Watcher in the Woods) and some other studios, when Anchor Bay ends their control, they release it on their own. So who knows??? But the question is: Are you willing to wait and possibly wait forever if Fox never releases it themselves?

You'll probably be able to get the AB version for around $10 so that's worth it.
-

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Was Zorro, the Gay Blade cancelled??? I cant find it on AB's website anymore and my retailer cancelled my order.

Adam_R

Second Unit
Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man Cemetery Man

WOO HOO!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry.

I am excited.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Does anyone know who owns to the rights to the B-movie classic Class of 1999? I know Anchor Bay's releasing the original this year but I'd like to have '99 on DVD.

For those that remember the film, here's something that should give you a laugh:

when the main characters go to the house of the robot substitutes, the cupboards are only filled with cans of oil.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I second the question about Zorro: The Gay Blade. I have been completely unable to find any info about it whatsoever.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
And, by the way, Freaked is also set for a June 14th release, with some decent special features (it was mentioned at Fangoria, I believe, and it's also up for pre-order at Amazon).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Zorro is out.
came out on its street date.
i saw a copy at Borders for $14.99 (the AB version, not the earlier Image version)

James L White

Supporting Actor
Add the hilarious but very underrated Moving Violations to your wish list, amazon.com lists a July 12 release date :) :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
For all you "pervs" (just kidding) out there, you'll be glad to know that you DO get to see all of Kelly in Mischief. The bad news is that if you can, does this mean the image has been reframed or misframed?

It's also 16x9 (looks great) and 5.1 (great for those classic songs) with no extras. However, it is also nice to see that Anchor Bay uses still photos for their chapter stops, allowing you to identify the scene more quickly. Project X has this and I'm not sure if that's the first AB DVD to do so.

It seems Zorro: The Gay Blade was postponed.
-

walter o

Supporting Actor
Keith, when you mean all, are you saying breast only, or full frontal? (yes, I'm being a perv):D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks