What's new

Monsters University (Monsters Inc 2) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Outside of The Incredibles, this is the Pixar property I wanted a sequel to. This prequel will definitely work for our kids who went nuts at the trailer.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I like the idea of going back to the Monsters' younger days a lot. I think there's more potential there than a straight chronological sequel would have afforded. Also good to see Sulley is appropriately "college slim".

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't know what to think about this. College days seems an odd choice to me. And I wasn't really expecting a prequel to Monsters Inc.
I think I'm worried that after Cars 2, then Brave, and now Monsters Go To College, we're in a prolonged lull in Pixars's quality.
But this is the animation house that gave me Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo. So I will wait and see:)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Monsters U looks pretty funny. Its also interesting to see Sully as more of the screwoff. For me the line blurs between Pixar and Disney now. Not everything needs to be a "home run" as long as they are all pretty good. Wreck-It Ralph is my goto film this year:

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Well, typically Pixar's teasers just set up the universe or basic premise and the actual storyline is very different. Monsters, Inc teaser was just that the monsters were real and they lived in their own world but the actual story was not really about that at all. In this case we have the basic setup that it takes place during their college years but I assume the actual plot won't really be about that at all.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I thought the teaser was fun, and Monsters is one of my favorite Pixar films. I'm certainly going to check it out in theaters.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Adam Gregorich said:
Monsters U looks pretty funny.  Its also interesting to see Sully as more of the screwoff.  For me the line blurs between Pixar and Disney now.   Not everything needs to be a "home run" as long as they are all pretty good.  Wreck-It Ralph is my goto film this year:
How the hell did Disney arrange for all those characters? Off the top of my head I saw Namco (PacMan Ghost), Nintendo (Boswer), Sony (Dr. Robotnik), and Capcom (Zangief, M. Bison) and I'm sure there were a few I didn't recognize.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
If they could get all those famous "Toons" together for Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, nothing is impossible for the mouse. This may be the Roger Rabbit of videogame movies.
I couldn't help but smile when I saw Q Bert in the trailer. My Mom was an absolute master of that game back in the day.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Prequels, sequels, schmequels, to me they're signs of fading ideas. But, I actually liked Cars 2, which nobody did, and I have had a hard time with the latest Pixar releases (Up, TS3) so maybe this is the way to go. Must admit I lol'ed at the trailer ;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Lots of people liked Cars 2. :)
That said, Pixar's recent trend of sequels/ prequels is a bit worrisome. They've also recently announced Nemo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks