Monsters University (Monsters Inc 2)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mattCR, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Outside of The Incredibles, this is the Pixar property I wanted a sequel to. This prequel will definitely work for our kids who went nuts at the trailer.

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Ditto on both points. I am up in the air about The Incredibles as to a prequel or sequel.

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I like the idea of going back to the Monsters' younger days a lot. I think there's more potential there than a straight chronological sequel would have afforded. Also good to see Sulley is appropriately "college slim".

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I don't know what to think about this. College days seems an odd choice to me. And I wasn't really expecting a prequel to Monsters Inc.
    I think I'm worried that after Cars 2, then Brave, and now Monsters Go To College, we're in a prolonged lull in Pixars's quality.
    But this is the animation house that gave me Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo. So I will wait and see:)

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Monsters U looks pretty funny. Its also interesting to see Sully as more of the screwoff. For me the line blurs between Pixar and Disney now. Not everything needs to be a "home run" as long as they are all pretty good. Wreck-It Ralph is my goto film this year:

6. Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey Screenwriter

Chuck Anstey
    Well, typically Pixar's teasers just set up the universe or basic premise and the actual storyline is very different. Monsters, Inc teaser was just that the monsters were real and they lived in their own world but the actual story was not really about that at all. In this case we have the basic setup that it takes place during their college years but I assume the actual plot won't really be about that at all.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I thought the teaser was fun, and Monsters is one of my favorite Pixar films. I'm certainly going to check it out in theaters.

8. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

How the hell did Disney arrange for all those characters? Off the top of my head I saw Namco (PacMan Ghost), Nintendo (Boswer), Sony (Dr. Robotnik), and Capcom (Zangief, M. Bison) and I'm sure there were a few I didn't recognize.

9. SilverWook

SilverWook Cinematographer

Bill
    If they could get all those famous "Toons" together for Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, nothing is impossible for the mouse. This may be the Roger Rabbit of videogame movies.
    I couldn't help but smile when I saw Q Bert in the trailer. My Mom was an absolute master of that game back in the day.

10. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm
    Prequels, sequels, schmequels, to me they're signs of fading ideas. But, I actually liked Cars 2, which nobody did, and I have had a hard time with the latest Pixar releases (Up, TS3) so maybe this is the way to go. Must admit I lol'ed at the trailer ;)

11. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Lots of people liked Cars 2. :)
    That said, Pixar's recent trend of sequels/ prequels is a bit worrisome. They've also recently announced Nemo 2.